Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hi Guys,

I have posted earlier, although I like to ask is there anyone out there who has similar symptoms to the onset of their ALS.

As I said in an early post, about 3 weeks ago, I started to get twitching in both calfs at the same time (worms under the skin) and with it pain, discomfort. It's hard to describe like you calf is cold but you get soreness (not quite stiffness). I've now got regular twitching in both calfs it's almost stereo like.

Is there someone out there who has gone through similar.

I keep grabbing at hope as most databases say that ALS is normally Asymmetrical in it's initial symptoms.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a particular reason that you think you have ALS? Cramps, "discomfort", and twitching could be caused by a number of things.

I see no reason to be "grabbing at hope from databases" concerning ALS, because there doesn't appear to be any reason to think you have ALS. Have you been given a diagnosis of ALS by your doctor?

Thanks for your reply. My MRI came back OK, with some influence from my t5 area although the disc is only slightly sitting into the spinal fluid and not touching the spinal nerves.

My neurologist has told me to relax, he doesn't think it's ALS and doesn't want to bother with an EMG.

That was last thursday and I have been in a lot of pain and discomfort in my calfs since saturday. Am I getting weakness? not overtly but it does my calfs are incredibly sore, burning, cold and "feel weak". ASso many who have been diagnosed know it's distressing not to have some kind of answer as to what the hell is causing it and how can I stop the pain.

I think you're answer has in part embarrassed me into realising that I have to let go of fears and trust the neurologist. I just hope the pain and discomfort will subside soon as I'm on regular pain killers for both calfs.

I have made a promise to myself that I will get involved in fund raising that will deliver hope to so many people.

thanks for your kindness in replying.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back