Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
Vic
City
Melbourne
I know I promised I would stay away from the net and this site but I had to post this. I had self diagnosed myself via the net. I had convinced myself I had ALS or some other MND. Well I went to the doctors and I do have a range of symptoms. The first is wasting of the thumb, weakness of the hand and numb wrists. Put simply it is not ALS it is Carpal Tunnel. I had difficulty swallowing and muscle twitches all over, again this is not ALS, this is anxiety related due to my worry about ALS. My voice was breaking every once in a while, no not ALS, a throat infection and sore throat. Every other symptom I had, not ALS, most likely anxiety related or simply psyching myself in to the symptom. Your mind is your greatest friend and your worst enemy. For those like me who self diagnose, please stop it. You are affecting your quality of life and those around you for no reason at all. Get on with your life and enjoy every moment and please listen to qualified medical experts. Dont google medical diseases as you will all end up with some chronic disease. To those of you with ALS or who have family with ALS, I apologise for my stupidity and for wasting your time. Thankyou for being so patient. You are all amazing and I wish you all the best with your ALS journey. May God be with you all. And most of all I pray for a cure. Take care all and have a great Christmas.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is very thoughtful of you to do so and I think you will help many people who are where you have been. Merry Christmas to you too!

I'm glad everything turned out well for you. Thank you for posting about your experience. Your post may open a few eyes, but I seriously doubt that it will reduce the number of folks who patronize this board through the seductive wiles of Dr. Google.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for checking back in and letting us know the outcome. I'm glad it was not ALS ... and if even one "Google-chondriac" gets some relief from their anxiety and dread, that is a great service!

Happy holidays!

Thanks Simmo for posting that.
Dr Google has a lot to answer for.

This will save either BethU or I going over to give you that "punishment" that was mentioned in the other thread. :lol::lol::lol:

Hava a merry xmas, and enjoy life.

P.S. if so inclined go to the boxing day test (that will confuse non aussies);):lol:

cheers
Peter

"P.S. if so inclined go to the boxing day test (that will confuse non aussies)"

I know! I know! Thanks to professor Google I Know! That and only that is what the internet should be used for, irrelevant trivia! I'm not saying that cricket is irrelevant, don't get me wrong :). Glad that you are straightened out Simmo, we welcome new members but only when we have to.

Merry Christmas!

Simmo escaped this time, but I'm still keeping an eye on you, Peter, and any other naughty Aussies who step out of line.

great for you .i am very happy for you

Simmo you give great advice from your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Barry, you hit the nail on the head with the use of google.

Beth, yes keep an eye on us please, we tend to be naughty, but nice too. :)

cheers and Merry Xmas to you both and indeed all the wonderful people on here.

Peter

Thank you so much for your comments! As someone, still relatively new to this journey and with a husband not yet "confirmed" but in the "possible/probable" stage of diagnosis, it is encouraging to hear someone able to say good bye to the possibility and move on to celebrate their health and life!
Hopefully, we'll be able to join you!
Peace and Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back