Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
tn
City
knoxville
New here and extremely fearful. My thumb started twitching 2 weeks ago. It stopped.
Then my right bicep started twitching. My left leg began to feel achey and started twitching. Now my left arm is achey and perceived to be weak on and off. My left leg and foot twitch and buzz pretty much all the time. I can' t tell in my current state of mind, if I am losing strength anywhere in my body. My GP has ordered an EMG for me in January.
My heightened awareness of my aches are really driving me nuts. All of these symptoms come and go with varying degrees of intensity. My left leg never feels real good and it is historically my weaker leg, always has been. My twitching is really not too bad, but the pain in my left arm and leg is what is so strange. No tripping or dropping things, But, it has only been two weeks. I am a 46 year old male. I guess my GP is cutting to the chase in ordering an EMG.........right? My anxiety is really, really bad. Any thoughts?

I think you need to stop Googling and let your doctor do his job. Your anxiety level is high because you are reading a bunch of stuff that you only partially understand, and for some unfathomable reason, you've grasped onto the least likely diagnostic probability of all the ones you could have chosen.

You'll find that your anxiety levels are proportionate to the time you spend searching the Internet for answers. If you want to get rid of the anxiety, stay away from medical sites on the Internet until your doctor gives you a firm diagnosis. There will be plenty of time for Googling once you know what to Google for.

Good luck.

What you describe doesn't really fit the bill for ALS. Why not think something more benign like a passing neuropathy or virus? What about a pinched nerve?

Good luck in your quest for answers.

Zaphoon

We're not doctors here but I'd tend to agree with the others.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back