Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
IN
State
West Bengal
City
Siliguri
I am a 35 year old male. About 1.5 months before, I had tremendous pain in my knee joint along with inflammation and pain in the muscles above the knee. Some days later, the pain subsided but ever since that time my leg muscles have been feeling weak. There is the occasional tremor in my left hand and fingers when I try lifting up something. I have muscle cramps and aches in my right leg especially in the front of the thigh and to the sides, just below the hips. There is however, no pain when I am at rest or asleep. I have had no sleeping problems whatsoever. My muscles feel tired when climbing stairs but I can continue nevertheless. Jogging and light jumps are also not a problem. There are however certain points on the thigh where there is sometimes some light pain. However, it is only momentary and goes away. There is also some finger pain sometimes which also goes away soon.
I am afraid of my symptoms. Need your help and opinions.

dont worry yet there are so many different things it could be..i am no expert but, it dont sound like als to mebut, someone will come along who knows much better than me....best of luck ...and relax

Just to add to my post, I also have slight muscle twitches that come and go but till now have not persisted. And I also have not noticed any loss of strength inspite of the muscle ache. After waking up in the morning, everything seems normal. But a little bit of activity and the aches start.

Doesn't sound anything like ALS to me. If you are concerned about it, see your physician. There are hundreds of reasons that you could be having muscle pain, slight tremors, and occasional twitching and ALS is one of the least likely things you should be concerned about right now.

Good luck and relax.

Your symptoms don't sound typical of ALS. Many (and I) whose initial symptoms were in a limb, noted very subtle fasculations (tremors) that were just strong enough to interfere with falling asleep; they were more like vibrations. This was accompanied or soon followed by muscle weakness or difficulty with turning a key or buttoning a shirt. Also, it is typically progressive and does not start and stop--however, some of these symptoms, if the progression is slow, are often assumed to be a part of the aging process, so we just dismiss them. We tend to think this as we age past 40-45 years. So, keep alert but not paranoid. And, live every day as if it were a blessing from G_d. It is-- regardless of ALS or just the fact that every day you live takes you closer to your last day. Now, go and continue with your life, my friend!

JK

Can't say I've heard of anyone with ALS describe those symptoms as a starting point. Did you see a doctor when you had the inflamation and bad knee pain? If not, why, if it was so bad. If yes, what did he say? I'd see a doctor if this is still bothering you. I don't think you have to worry about ALS although I'm no doctor.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back