Learn about ALS
Country
DK
State
CPH
City
CPH
Hi

I´m a 47 yo male and in the last 8 months I have experienced bodywide fasciculations.
It started i my calves and I have now got them everywhere with intervals approx. every second -non stop and very visible. Last week even a couple of days with tongue-twisting-a scaring experience.

I have not been able to run in the last couple of month because of my legs getting sore quite soon. Before that I ran 7 miles a day so that is quite af difference now.

I can still walk but I feel that my muscles is getting tired after a few miles walking. And after walking my legs litterally shakes. In general I think my muscles has flattened/softened during this period. That also include my face muscles which makes me feel very tired all the time. Also mentally.

I´m also suffering from excessive sweating-especially during my sleep and I wonder if that can be connected to my abnormal muscle activity.

I have googled thousands of pages in the last 8 month (probably like most of you)
and I also went to 2 neurologists 6 month ago. They concluded that my fasciculations was inside the limits of a normal person-but I was not 100% satisfied.

But what do you think? Could this be MND or are the symptoms not typical of such a desease?

I found some information about fasciculations and execessive sweating. These symptoms appears in Isaacs Syndrome but I don´t know much about that syndrome so if anyone of you have some information on this or if you have experienced similar symptoms I would be very pleased to see responses.

Best wishes
Mads (Denmark)

Hi Mads...

In looking over some of your previous posts, seeing that you had a clean EMG is a great sign.

I think discussing with your neurologist is still the next step for you. Ask him/her about your concerns... he/she would be much better qualified than Dr. Google (or others on this forum for that matter).

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back