Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
Vic
City
Melbourne
Sorry to put everyone through this as you probably get sick of this question. I have been having symptoms and I have used Dr GOOGLE and now I am really scared. About a year ago I had body twitches all over including the arms, legs, stomach. these went away and after one year they have come back. I am now having them in arms, legs, shoulders and ove r the last day or so my lip and jaw. I have had no loss of strength anywhere in arms or legs but my voice is husky at the min. I have been really worried. I also get really itchy palms and sometimes get an electric current feel in my leg. I know you are not doctors but does this sound like ALS. I really appreciate your time. By the way I am a 41 year old male. Thankyou

By the way the twitches, hoarsness, etc have all taken place in the last week. Thankyou again.

No, rest easy - it is not ALS

It doesn't sound like ALS onset to me, either, but I'd check with a doctor if your voice remains husky, and mention the "electric current" feeling in your leg and the twitches. There are so many possibilities for these symptoms, and most of them are benign, but if the voice problem lingers on, check with a doc.

My mother used to say that itchy palms meant you were going to get money. It's never worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back