Learn about ALS
Country
uk
State
uk
City
newport
What a great forum you have here :D Its great to see support like ths :D

I have been trying to get a diagnosed for over 2 years now .. I really dont know where to turn next..
The story starts here:
I had a few funny turns at work.. feeling faint and blur vision.. Went to GP and he put it down to my BP?
As the months went on I became quite sick.. Rushed to hospital found out I had a kidney infection? Back and forth hospital and bam my bladder stoped working? No reason why.. I had urodynamics testing and was told I would have to self cath for life due to no signal to make my bladder contract :-( *confussed*
During all this I had allot of numbness in my right arm and leg .. Leg then became week..
I was then sent to see a Neurologist who suspected MS ..
This is where things got worse :-(
I woke up in the middle of night with severe cramp down right side of body .. this went on for weeks until my foot went into complete spasticity.. I couldnt lift my foot without it turning in and cramps.. I was walking like a crab..Had several falls ... Neuro was puzzled..
He sent me for MRI and LP all came back normal..
Since this episode my leg is now left weak and numb.. my ankle will not lift and I have what looks like muscle wastage in calf also find it difficult to lift from the knee ..
Im getting allot of burning and pins n needles sensation over body too.. Right armd weakness too ..
I am wearing a foot brace and use crutches to get about .. If I am going far I need the wheelchair .. Its so hard not knowing why :-(

I am having EMG and Nurve conduction tests next week.. Will i get any answers from this?

Do it sound like ALS?

Thanks all in advance ;-)

Rachy xx

Oh forgot to say I have suffered bells palsey too 3 attacks this year .. but Im putting that down to stress..
One Neuro suggested that I had a viral Infection on the spine but im not so sure..

Another thing I forgot to mention is my meds..

Baclofen 90mg - spasms /spasticity
Deazepam- realx muscles
Tramodol-pain
amatryptaline- burning

Wow rachy - lot of stuff going on there. You know we can't diagnose you but the sensory symptoms and some of the other things you mention don't sound like ALS.

To answer your question about the NCV/EMG - yes it should give the docs some indication of what is happening. I hope it does.

Until then, rest easy in that there are a lot of treatable conditions, including neuropathies, that could cause those symptoms.

Wishing you the best.

rachy ... I agree with ktmj. It doesn't sound like typical ALS, and the EMG will give your doctors a lot of information.

Please let us know what happens and what they find out. The process of getting a diagnosis on some of these things is almost worse than the diseases themselves. (Well ... psychologically, at least.)

Hang in there.

I would just like to ditto the others' comments - symptoms don't line up with ALS very well. If your avatar is a photo of you, you're very pretty. I'm not being weird or anything.

Zaphoon

OK , I will follow the crowd on this one. It does not sound like ALS , and I hope the EMG tests will confirm that.

You sure are having a rough go of it though.

When I saw your avatar , my first thought was "She looks like a Page 3 girl". Very attractive.

I'd put her on page one but that's also because one of my kids shares her name which gives me added bias. Are you buying that one, Glen?

Zaph, you are "weird or anything", but not in that way.:p

And the way these forum ladies go gaga over pics of guys I think you are allowed a compliment like that.

rachy, Zaph is safe - we promise.

p.s. Zaph - I do a mean impression of that Martian. Has always kept the kids rolling (maybe that belongs in the useless info thread:roll:)

I love Marvin the Martian! He had some kind of space gun or bomb that had a funky name. You wouldn't happen to remember, would you?

By the way, thank you for the compliment. The last thing I want to do is become weird in a bad way. Being just plain weird is okay but weird, weird is a different story.

PZ

Yeah, weird weird is really weird, and usually ends in arrest.

Weird is just the way some of us are.

The gun had Modulator in it I remember that.

"I will destroy the Earth in 3 seconds - one,...."

Marvin the Martian, yes, he's the little alien who says, "You are making me very angry... very angry indeed."
I thought that was a Disintegrator Gun he was brandishing.

"Where's the kaboom?
There was supposed to be an Earth shattering kaboom?
The the eludium pu36 explosive space modulator.
That creature has stolen the space modulator.
Delays, delays.
Capture that creature, and return the eludium pu36 explosive space modulator!"

Marvin the Martian RULES

Glen

That's it, Glen! Marvin wanted to destroy the Earth because it obstructed his view of Venus. He had been trying to destroy it for 2000 years.

The illudium Q-36 (originally Pu-36) explosive space modulator resembled a stick of dynamite.

PZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back