Other
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
cambridge
Hi,
I have not been diagnosed with anything yet but have had severe muscle weakness for a year now, muscle twitching and tremors for about 8 months and fasciculations starting slightlly in my calf about 4 months ago and now quite frequently in that leg, sporadically in other leg, arm, back of shoulder and even inside in diaphram area.

They usually only last less than a minute anywhere from a few times a day to every hour or so.

To those diagnosed are your fasciculation fairly constant? did they come on gradually as mine did or start full out?

I am seeing a neuromuscular neurologist and am in the testing process.

Obviousely hoping and praying it is something treatable.

Thanks for any replies,
Jackie

Not for me.

They have their own schedule and happen when they want. I have noticed that physical exertion will bring them on.

Glen

Pretty much what Glen said, and they did start gradually. Most that I'm aware of continue to be in my legs, but nowhere is immune. Most I don't feel. I'm not very twitchy.

Always working there magic on me.. Anytime and all the time. Wait and let the doc's check you out. Do not borrow trouble.:p:p:p

But they never twitch were it would be fun to be stimulated. *sigh*

Good one, Glenn! :lol:

both of my upper arms twitch 24/7 and have done so since may....other twitches come and go.

My legs have been non-stop fasciculating for about 17 months with constant cramps. I get them sporadically in other body parts but as Glen put it, not any place where the stimulation would be "fun". In fact, where I twitch, the muscles often cramp so in that regard, I'm gald some body parts are not twitching.:oops:

Enjoy the suckers and let them entertain you.

I am alleged to have PLS. I still think it's misplaced mumps.

Zaphoon

In fact, where I twitch, the muscles often cramp so in that regard, I'm gald some body parts are not twitching.:oops:

Something I've always been curious about but never had reason to bring up, do said body parts have muscle in them?

Laura, try and google an answer for that one! Lots of info with the good Dr. Google!

My fasciculation pattern seems to be unusual for ALS. They started pretty suddenly, in my whole body, and have been non-stop ever since, multiple twitches per second in each limb, in a random pattern all through my muscles. Furthermore they started before I had noticeable weakness (but after I noticed slurring and weak voice). For some months before this, I would get fasciculations for a few hours after exercising, in the muscles I had worked, but that is pretty common. My fasciculations are very gentle and comfortable, almost more like sitting in one of those vibrating massage chairs. They are not like the normal muscle twitches I would occasionally get over the years, where one muscle would repeatedly twitch in an irregular pattern. Those were distracting and annoying. What I have now are completely different.

Wow...lots of great replies! It sure is an unpredictable disease. It is so so hard waiting for the test results. But I guess limbo is better than a firm diagnosis of such a devastating disease.

As much as I am liking the wit and wisdom around here, I don't really want to join the club.LOL no offense to you wonderful brave people.

Wishing you all peace and tranquility.
Jackie

Jackie,
We do not want you on the Team... Just stay on the sidelines and become an ALS advocate, not a participant. You have the attitude you need. Like your response.:p:p:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back