Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Delaware
City
Marydel
Hi! friends

i recently went to see a neuro reagarding my nonstop twitching and muscular pain, and i need to just clarify all that he has told me.He did a clinical and said that he is not even bothered about me having ALS .

he said that considering my span of non stop twitching for the past 18 months or so i would have developed lot more symptoms other than just twitching and he was more concerned about weakness ( i dont have any)

he told me that random twitches all over the body in different muscles are not consistent with ALS as it starts with a particular region and moves from there on with clinical weakness followed with atrophy,also told me something about UMN & LMN and that with ALS you get both and considering my span he said i would have definately had them.

as i have recently started working out and gettying good gains in my muscles, he told me that i would not have been able to build muscles if i had ALS as they are denervated

i wasnt able to grasp all that he said specially his medical jargon,but was satisfied as long as he did'nt mention ALS :p

he has asked me get some blood work done for different vitamins , minerals and thyroid.Havent got the report as yet will be meeting him again with the reports soon.

just want to get some clarifications on what he said from you guys...thanks a lot

Edward.

I would say for you to put ALS off your radar. He told you that you did not fit the symptoms, progression, or criteria for ALS. Relax...

What do you need clarified? He couldn't possibly have been any clearer.

You don't have ALS, clearly. Rejoice.

AL

Oh, for a report like that.

Definatly doesnt sound like ALS with muscle gain

Cheers

Yeah, if a doctor told me that, you sure wouldn't find me hanging around an ALS support forum. To each his own, I guess.

""Yeah, if a doctor told me that, you sure wouldn't find me hanging around an ALS support forum"

What, and miss all the action, all the witty reparte? Say it aint so Beth.

Barry, what can I say? I have no character whatsoever. I'd be out partying myself into a stupor. (Yes, I know, Glen. How could they tell the diffrence from my normal state? :lol:)

May I just add that you are allowed to still feel crappy even though you do not have ALS. You've got one big, bad booger checked off your list of possibilities. Why not have a sip and a slurp of some fine Vina Maipo to celebrate?

I really love the stuff:mrgreen:

Zaphoon

Edward,

Wow , thats fantastic. Whatever else is wrong with you , You do not have ALS. Party time.

Barry, what can I say? I have no character whatsoever. I'd be out partying myself into a stupor. (Yes, I know, Glen. How could they tell the diffrence from my normal state? :lol:)

Beth, we need to follow our ancestors back to find out if we are related. I had the thought just before I read the rest of your response.

Thanks a lot to all you guys for your kind replies...he assured me fine as to not having ALS...what i needed clarification on , was his neuro jargon regarding denervation,innervation,UMN LMN and sorts...hardly had a clue as what he was saying...still smiled all the way through and kept nodding my head....thanks again guys...and take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back