Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ohio
City
ashtabula
i had the blood test for a Striational Antibody test. and it did show up in my blood can anyone tell me if its good or bad please i dont get my emg till dec 7 and yesterday i couldnt breath when i got up it took me a 30 mins to get moving . my mri came back clear and my family doctor doesnt know why the nero ask for the blood test and he told me it did show up but he had no idea what it was for he did a test for my iron and it was 22 and my vitamin D was 18 and my hemoglobin is a 10.7

Kaylor, It sounds like your neuro is looking into if you might have Myasthenia Gravis. Here is an excerpt from pub-med:

Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease caused, in most cases, by antibodies attaching to the acetylcholine receptor. Some myasthenia gravis patients have antibodies that bind in a cross-striational pattern to skeletal and heart muscle tissue sections (striational antibodies). These antibodies react with epitopes on the muscle proteins titin and ryanodine receptor, are found mainly in sera of patients with thymoma and late-onset myasthenia gravis, and may correlate with myasthenia gravis severity. Their presence may predict an unsatisfactory outcome after thymectomy. The detection of titin and ryanodine receptor antibodies provides more specific clinical information than the immunofluorescent demonstration of striational antibodies.

Hang in there, it sounds like you have a neurologist intent on finding what is causing your problems.

Good luck to you!

ty you and yes go steelers

Sounds like you have some vitamin deficencies & are anemic.The neuro my husband just went to thinks he has myasthenia gravis but he has some more testing to do,but he has alot of symptoms that don't match MG,so I guess we wait some more.God Bless
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back