Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
I have been in contact with Judi (hope_faith) & wanted to pass along update.
Eric (mango) got a PEG last week and seemed to be doing well. But, yesterday he was admitted to hospital for pneumonia.
Please remember them in your prayers.

Let's offer Judi lots of support right now; she really needs it!
Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear that! They are in my prayers.

so sorry to hear that send my best thoughts and support ..in my prayers also

Prayers for both.Hope Eric heals really fast.God Bless
Sharon

Sorry to hear that, give them my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thanks for letting us know.

Hope things change for the better for them.

AL.

Mango ,

Just get better will ya !

Glen

Thanks for letting us know! I hope he gets well very soon. Tell Judi to hang in there.

Sending out positive healing thoughts and support.
Dana

Judy and mango you are in my prayers....Get well soon!

Thank you everyone. Mango is chomping at the bit to get discharged from the hospital today. His brother spent the night with him last night and is there with him now making sure the hospital knows Mango aka Eric wants out of there TODAY. He has been in since Friday. He's been getting two different antibiotics thru his IV and is feeling better. Hopefully the doctor on duty today will agree to let him go home.
He also started getting his bolus feedings through his PEG tube while there. He only got his tube a week ago Friday and had been getting continual feeds thru the pump. The bolus feeds are going to be much easier and faster. The doctor wants him to get 6 cans of Jevity a day. His tube seems to be working great. He had lost a lot of weight, and he could not put off getting his PEG any longer. Hopefully he can gain some of the weight back he lost. He still can eat soft foods like yogurt, pudding etc thru his mouth.
Thanks for the well wishes and I will update when I can.
Judi

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Keep us posted!

Debbie

Judi, all the best to you and Eric. I hope that he gets to go home today and will gain back all of the weight that he wants. The mouth bypass is so useful as an express route to our stomachs and makes things so much easier that I know that he will do really well with it.

I am now pretty much just getting my nutrition using my tube and my morning smoothie (and am starting to have trouble swallowing that) and am maintaining my weight after gaining almost 20 pounds since February. Something else that I eat a lot is Boost pudding, it is about 240 calories per 142g can and comes in chocolate and vanilla.

Glad to hear Hope and Faith are doing better,keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back