Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
Just got back from our local clinic. Our son has H1N1! The real problem for us is that he also has Asthma. DH and I got our Flu shots in September but our son just got his last week. I am so worried about them...I am weary of this buffet line and there simply is NOT any room for anything more on my plate or even the stinkin table!
DH, son and myself are all on Tamilflu. DH and I as a preventive. $350.00 for the meds. Money we didn't have-another cc charge. DH was given the H1N1 vaccine today. Will it matter or help at this point? waaahhhh We are suppose to be leaving in a week for our Magical Disneyworld experience. oh, DH just came and told me that the noon news is all about the FAKE Tamiflu that it is being sold! I think he said it is from the online companies. I will be so :-x if I paid for fake medicine. Having a really hard day. Think I will just crawl in bed and take a nap for a while. :-(

I don't even know what to say about that - except speedy recovery? What bad luck on top of horrible timing

Hope the nap helps, what a load you are carrying,it will get better soon.Peace be with you.

Geez, it never ends, does it?

Take good care of yourself! I'm sure the Tamiflu will help. Praying that your son is better soon, and you and your husband are spared.

Please let us know how y'all are doing. hope your son gets well real soon.

best wishes for all to work out for you

I am so sorry. I have the angels on my shoulders flying to South Dakota to give you a boost. Keep the faith. Hugs Lori

Oh honey! I'm sitting here with my mouth open not even knowing where to begin to say how sorry I am! I totally get the "no more room on the table, let alone the plate" thing. Please know there's lots of prayers, good thoughts and healing energies being sent your way. The nap is probably an excellent idea... followed by rum!? Hang in there!

Keep in touch hey, and let us know things worked out even a little better than they were when you needed the angels watching out for you all.
Take care, Anastasia.

Oh, my heart goes out to you and your family! It can only get better!

I hope your son has a speedy recovery and that you all stay healthy.

Some days life just sucks. Guess this is one of them. Hope tomorrow is better.

AL

It is simply amazing that the ground doesn't open up and swallow us some days, isn't it?
I was ill several weeks ago and took myself to Urgent Care. They told me I probably had H1N1 but weren't going to send it to CDC. Then the Dr.
promptly chewed me out severely for being around my husband. I cried all the way home. BUT...
The sun kept coming out, I got better, hubby never got sick. I'll bet you all are fine by the time you go visit the mouse.
Keep us posted. I'm praying for you and your family.

Oh honey! I'm sitting here with my mouth open not even knowing where to begin to say how sorry I am! I totally get the "no more room on the table, let alone the plate" thing. Please know there's lots of prayers, good thoughts and healing energies being sent your way. The nap is probably an excellent idea... followed by rum!? Hang in there!

Katie, I agree whole heartedly about the nap. However, I believe I'll follow it with a drink. There are days like this. Dang it...

Katie, I agree whole heartedly about the nap. However, I believe I'll follow it with a drink. There are days like this. Dang it...

Ooops. I thought you said follow it with a run. I was really impressed by that healthy answer. I must be my bifocals checked. Sorry!

Was up most of the night doing nebulizer treatments, alternating tylenol and motrin and reassuring my son that he was NOT going to die from the swine flu! Good thing I had the nap. :] His lungs sound better-so happy that I have my own stethascope and neb machine. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and I hope it isn't a freight train! DH is symptom free and I hope and pray that the Tamiflu will work for us. I had a reaction to the seasonal flu shot in September so I can not even get the H1N1 vaccine. :[ Thank you all of you my dear forum friends for your support, prayers and hugs. Praying and hoping that tomorrow is better. KatieC, Your "Rum" and then Hopefulwarrior's "Run" gave me a much needed chuckle! My drink of choice is anything with tequila! At this point I think I could pretend that I am 21 again and do SHOTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back