kelly

Country
US
State
ny
City
saratoga springs
YouTube- 2nd Annual Race for Ragan

I tried to follow David's directions..hope this works..wanted to share from our event this summer. Thanks! If it does not work..will try again. Kelly

Well done. Nice video!

Great Video. Loved it.

Thanks for sharing Kelly. Looks like you guys had a great turn-out.
That had to feel "all warm & fuzzy"- very loved & supported!

Amazing turnout. We saw a lot of your supporters at the walk last Saturday in Saratoga. My boys and I made it, Liz wasn't up to the cold and her condition is deteriorating rapidly. I'll make sure she sees the video though. I guess the one silver lining of this nasty disease is how well it pulls family and friends together and coaxes the best out of so many people. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Pepsi Man..I would have loved to meet you at the walk. It was overwhelming. Man..you had a huge group from Pepsi..that was awesome. I said thanks to a couple people that I walked by. It would have been nice to have our kids meet. I am sorry to hear that Liz is deteriorating so quickly..it really stinks. The weekend was really emotional seeing so many families that have lost Pals. I did feel inspiration seeing all the people that continue to be the voice of ALS. It would be great if you come to one of the caregivers meetings. The first couple times I went..it was horrible. Now..it is a place to feel safe and be with others that understand the trials and tribulations of caregiving. Last night they had someone giving neck massages and Karen made a wonderful dinner for everyone. It is really the only time I get away from illness. Hope you are stayng sane. I consider myself a pretty stable person..but this challenges a family beyond the realm anyone should be challenged.

I also wanted to mention how amazing Pepsi has been to the ALS center! They completed our breezeway and it is Andrew's favorite part of the house. Your co-workers were such quality people..would love to have them all over sometime. Were you in the audience the day that ANdrew and I did a presentation at Pepsi? We are trying to put a face to ALS so people understand how everything your company is doing directly helps families. I hope Pepsi works with the center again next year. They will be delivering a new hospital bed to our house very soon.

They are an amazing group of people. I've never met a more compassionate bunch than all those involved in the project. I've missed almost all of the meetings, first due to the travel requirements of my job and lately because I work from home pretty much full time so I can care
for Liz. I'm the sole caregiver so I really don't get out at all anymore. I'm sure I've spent time home that I could have spent in the office but Liz gets very anxious now when I leave and she's got enough to deal with just getting through the day, she doesn't need any added stress. I've got lots of people at Pepsi who welcome me into their offices or call me up whenever I need to just blow off steam. I had a very difficult time dealing with all the stresses of caregiving for a long time, but I've settled into it. I still vent on occasion but nobody holds it against me and I think I'm in a better place now. We received a Hospice referral yesterday so there will be more help coming, but frankly I'm more worried about helping the kids get through this than I am dealing with the caregiving stuff. That has sort of leveled off into a routine finally. Actually there's just not much more that can be done other than to make her as comfortable as possible. As always before, we'll deal with whatever comes when it comes.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back