Country
US
State
WI
City
Milwaukee
I hate this disease.

I hate what it's doing to my dad.

I hate that he gets frustrated, angry, depressed, and discouraged.

I hate that my mother has to see her husband in such pain, both emotional and physical.

I hate that Dad can't do what he used to or what he wants to.

I hate that he's scared.

I hate that I CAN'T FIX IT.

Oddly, what set off this anger was Dad's appreciation for taking him to a baseball game. Mom called me tonight on his behalf to say that he was really happy I took him to a ball game this past weekend and that it was the most fun he's had in months. I hate that a silly baseball game is the best thing in his life.

I hate that I'm not smarter so I could find a cure!

Normally, I'm well-balanced. Tonight, I'm really, really angry.

Vent away. If you keep the "steam" in you'll eventually explode!

We must all rant at some point!

You are a very loving daughter and care deeply for you dad! Thank goodness he and your mom have you.

Rant away anytime you want, as we understand the tirade.

Lisa, ditto!

I understand you. I hate this disease with the same passion that you do. Sometimes I just think about the simplest thing that my dad can't do, like pop an olive in his mouth or shout. He loves olives and he had a big voice.

It's so freakin' unfair! I'm with you and I'm happy we are not alone in our anger.

Mostly I try to focus on the special moments I spend with my dad, his big smile and his love. It helps a little.

From one daughter to another,
Rosella

I also know how you feel Lisa. Keep venting here, it helps and the members of this forum understand.
I hate that yesterday was grandparents day at school and Mom was just not ready to go by herself.

Keep doing those little things because for me while they were silly and fun we enjoyed them ten fold after Dad was diagnosed.

Dana

Rant away Lisa, I feel exactly the same. This disease is so unfair. My mum is in the early stages and I am dreading seeing her uaable to do things for herself because she will be so frustrated.

Hang in there. x

Vent away. If you keep the "steam" in you'll eventually explode!

That is so good that you know to let this out of your system. We all need to from time to time. Go well. Do the best you can with the tools you have available to you. You dont have to find a cure, just find a way to share the journey with your Dad.:?:

I hate it too! I hate that so many years after Lou Gehrig's death we are no closer to a cure! I hate that Mom can never enjoy a slice of pizza again! There are many thing I am grateful for but sometimes I cry over the simplest things that she can no longer do and that others just take for granted. We are all with you!

I feel your pain. I hate that my husband will never hear his mother say I LOVE YOU SON, as she did all the time. I hate that my children will never hear their grandmother say GOOD JOB OR HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It is so unfair.

I hate that she can't even have a drink of water.

I hate the fact that I am so scared of what lies ahead for my mum.....

I hate that because of the FTD he has with it, Glen can't even make wise decisions like "I can't put this whole piece of food in his mouth" I hate that he can't play his guitar or recorder. I hate having to tell him no, he can't go run in the heat, or the sad look when he comes home and sounds surprised each time he tells me "I had to walk much of it"

Good for you Lisa. Dont keep it bottled up. Let it out , let it go.

I hate it too .

Glen

i hate everything you do but, mostley the fact that i can not fix it so, you are not alone

Lisa, my dear, welcome to the crew. You are always welcome to express any feelings, thoughts, questions or ideas you have. We know.

I hate this, too. Can't think of much about Lou Gehrig's disease I don't hate. My hubby has taken the time to "get himself right with God." He is very relieved about this so for that I am grateful.

Thank you, forum friends, for making this so much easier to walk this path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back