Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
Mi
City
Adrian
:-x My wife Dx 8/09 returned to the hospital on a Hospice admin yesterday with pneumonia. Today Hospice let me know they want to have a family meeting to discuss moving her to a care facility. I want to swear a lot but there isn't anyone to direct my anger at. She is the love of my life, and it feels like i am losing half of myself. I don't know if this means Hospice doesn't think she has much longer or what. I will not be the one to put her into a home, I have always promised her I wouldn't. Her brother has Med power of attorney, so if it has to be done he will. Sorry all just venting.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

don't blame you for one minute ,i would be upset also .but, thier is probley a reason she gave him medical power of attorney my thinking is that he would do what she think's would be too hard for you to do or to be the one to 2nd guess yourself and bring any amount of guilt to yourself as i want a special friend to be mine just for that reason. i know thing's are tough right now but, you did come to the right place to vent . my thought's are with you

You are in my thoughts and prayers

My thoughts and prayers are with you

Very sorry about your wife's situation. I suppose you will find out more at the family meeting. Can hospice not be administered at your home?

Thinking of you during this difficult time.

thinking and praying for both of you.

Prayers for the both of you.Put your trust in God .

Sharon

Hi Biskethead.

You need to talk with the the hospice staff to find out why they think that it is appropriate to refer her to long term care and not home with you.

It may that her nursing needs supersede what you can reasonably be expected to provide at home. It really is a difficult, emotional feeling that makes you feel guilty even though it may be the best dolution to accomodate your wife's needs.

Got the call today, they can't get her fever down, and the pneumonia isn't going away. Dr want's a decision as to whether she will be transferred home to die. Hospice on their way to the hospital........: cry:

I'm so sorry. ( Now *I'm crying! ) My prayers are with you.

Debbie

oh...I am so sorry :[ I wish that I could help you.

I am so sorry to hear this. It will be a comfort to her that you are by her side. Your love will get you through. My thoughts are with you.

So very sorry for this sad turn of events. We are with you in spirit. I hope you will let us know how she is doing and how you are holding up.

I am very sorry to hear your wife is in such a way. I hope the family can pull together for all concerned, especially your wife.

Prayers and thoughts are with you!

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back