Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Jose
Ah yes.. my ever over-achieving husband does in fact have significant cognitive change. Sometimes, it's really really frustrating... the apathy, lack of response, etc. We were at a family wedding, and his older brother (who by the way has never once phoned or contacted him since diagnosed) was snivelling and petting him! ew!

So today, I say [in markedly perky fashion!] "Hey! Did you try the hair washer?" "Yup" "So how did it work out?" "I didn't use it." Allllllrighty then.

Sometimes I'm tired. Sometimes I'm cranky. Sometimes my brain hurts. Luckily I have you all to talk to, my dogs to hug, and a fairly warped sense of humor to keep me sane.

Katie, I understand fully. My mum is in hospital this week due to malnuritment because f her swallowing, and the past few nights has gotten me to go to the hospital. The first night she texted Im sick can you come an see me - I had been there all day. I asked what was up - she texted "tell you when you get here" I get there,she wanted me to help her to change the shirt she was wearing. She then waved goodbye to me - that was all she wanted...have no idea why she didnt push the nurse button. Last night she needed more pajamas, I had texted she had pants she could put on the next till I had gotten there with PJ's, but no she insisted and even told me to make my brother go in (we're all 20 min half hour away). I ended up going down (with my 1 year old) thinking she was in dire straits- took in the PJ's- she was happy and waved bye to me again - And no she wasn't having her shower till the next day but it was going to be before 10am so needed the PJ's that night! Even when yes she did have black pants she could have put on.

Yes it is frustrating - my brain does hurt too...but you know they can't help it - I think that is the only thing that keeps me sane. I have also gone through my mum looking after her mum who had alzheimers - at least mum still remembers who I am at this point, though sometimes I wish she would forget my mobile no.;)

Katie, I like your warped sense of humor! Thanks for the smile, and hang in there! You too, Gelthling! xo

Katie,
Thanks for the chuckle. It definitely helps to find some humor in our daily situations. Keep smiling!

Ahhh ... its always good to hear that there are other like I am.

Warped , Bent , Strange sense of humor. Way to go Katie.

Glen

Gotta have that sense of humor! "Over achieving husband" new way to put it! HA!

I think I have found my long lost relatives at last. You are all so much like my family with the warped sense of humor. Sometimes people don't always understand my sense of humor and get offended. All I have to say to that is, Oh well too bad, you will get over it.
Thanks for keeping me smiling.

Dana

I too am a member of the Warped, Twisted and Bent Humor Society! Love your post and think we should start a club! lol
Here's a recent sample of our twisted humor;
I look outside and see DH, balancing on a ladder 20 feet above the ground with a chainsaw! HELLoooo! Dangereous situation! [I can see it now, he falls, chainsaw cuts off essential body parts, blood everywhere and I can't get to him because I have managed to wickedly sprain BOTH of my ankles and I hobble with a walker!] I frantically motion to him to get his attention-he turns off the chainsaw and says, "What do you need?" Me-"HELLOOOO I want you off the ladder NOW! That is very dangerous!" He starts to climb up the *$@! tree that is maybe 6 inches in diameter-tries to grin at me and says,"Don't worry Honey. It's ok. We have ACCIDENTAL Death!" Then laughs soooo hard that he nearly chokes to death! That man :] You just have to laugh sometimes! BTW He did manage to limb and cut down the tree all by himself and not a scratch on him!

Glad my husband doesn't read this forum!He would be trying to one-up y'all! LMAO

Yesterday my husband went to drain our son's pool that we are trying to get rid of. It's about 4' deep. I told him to wait for our son to get home to help him, but he wanted to to it all by himself. He gets in the pool and I'm on the outside doing my part when he says, " Ok I've got to go underwater cause I can't find the valve." Duh...you are not supposed to be doing these type things...aspiration comes to mind. I tell him what I think and he says, "Just hold me under water and make sure I don't come up." HA HA

HA ... Those guys have it right. Having fun , screw the consequences.

CJ , you must get that hubby online.

Glen

OK, I have a collection of urns containing various deceased pets because Glen has never "been ready" to bury them. (the oldest has been deceased 20 years!) I said to my sister one day "I am NOT putting him on the shelf in my room with the pets!" My son then suggested we just plan on getting a coffin large enough to accomodate him AND all the animals!

Yesterday while watching the Kennedy funeral, it occured to me that when the time comes I and my son (who inherited 90% of his personality from my side of the family) will be making plans based on fine old Irish family traditions. I fear my Italian in-laws will be HORRIFIED. OK.. actually... I don't fear it so much as I believe their horror will be deliciously enjoyable!

YOU GO GIRL! I need Zaphoon's anti snort cream! ROTFLMAO!

Hurting brain.

My wife Dx 6/09 decided that she wouldn't wear nicotine a nicotine patch, and that having someone (me) get her out of bed into the chair, outside to smoke, hold her smoke for her cause she can't get her hand to her mouth anymore, back inside, back to bed, 1-2 hrs of moving her till shes comfortable, then repeat immediately again because she wants to smoke..... Sheesh Her smoking is killin me :p

It is so great to see so many people with the same sense of humor! I think that we all have to marry the same type of person though. My husband has done the saw on the leg thing. Cut his leg, called me at work to find the bandages. Used a sanitary pad to cover while driving to hospital! I couldn't help. I faint at the sight of blood! We had a plan when we lived in the country. He wanted his ashes to be shot out of a potatoe cannon! What next!?
Colleen

Colleen! R.O.F.L! What is it with guys and potato guns? OMG Andy had so many laughs with his over the years.

Biskethed! HAHA! A PALS I know lit up one time, and I turned to him and said, "you know, smokings going to kill you." He gave me the special one finger salute....well, it was curled, but I got it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back