Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Corona
So I just found this site and signed up. I am a daughter/caregiver. Sometimes I definitely need to talk to others in the same position as me! I have been caring for my mom for almost a year in Sept. and I love it but it is hard to see the changes and obstacles she faces everyday. I never shed a tear but at my home I definitely have my moments. Sometimes I wonder if there are people with ALS who have no one to hug them or help them through these hard times! I am so grateul for the small things I can do now and being able to hug my kids and to clearly tell them that I love them! Some have made comments about this not bein a job, I don't get paid to do this but It's a hard job not just physically but emotionally. But I wouldn't want to do anything else but this! This is where my heart is and and it will open doors to do things for others , things I never knew needed to be done until now! God is Good thanks for listening.

Dear My Heart,

Welcome to the forum. I am so glad you stopped to visit and sign up. I believe you may have found a wonderful sounding board for information. It is also a great place to vent (which we all need to do sometimes) because there are so many people in the same situation.

Yes, I'm afraid there are always people with no one to hug or hold. The fact they are dealing with this dreadful disease makes it worse.

Again, welcome! Use the forum for anything you seek. We're all here for you.

I really like your avatar. And yes, God is very good.

Last edited:
Welcome. I understand totally. I don't like it when my Aunt says, "Thank you for taking care of my sister". I tell her she is "My Mother and I would not have it any other way". Though there are trials and sometimes I just need to go in my room and cry.....I have found a much deeper connection to my Mom and Dad. This is a great place to be...

Hello, myheart! Glad to meet you! :)

hello myheart... i read your post and totally agree with you. i look after my mum who also has ALS. although it's very, very hard, emotionally i can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that i would not want to be anywhere else in the world right now -- and for the foreseeable future.

Thank you all for the welcomes I'm glad there are people who can relate. I have brothers who cannot help and there is no way they understand when I just need to talk. My husband helped alot but sometimes I don't wanna share everything with him after his long days at work. I am happy others are caring for thier mother/parent as well because as a mother I would definitely want my kids to do the same. Thanks again and I hope to share more thoughts in the future.

Welcome - thank goodness you are able to care for your mother. It scares me the day Jim isn't able to care for himself. I am afraid of trying to take care of him and the kids. However, I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Until then, we just try to enjoy each day and each other.

Hello myheart , sorry to hear your mothers illness has brought you to this forum . You have come to the right place . It must be so hard to care for a loved one through good days and bad days . xx

Hello my heart. I have only been a member for a day after finding out my mum has MND and already I feel so overwhelmed by the support. I am so glad I found this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back