Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Suffolk
I spoke with my sister today. She was diagnosed this past June. She is having a lot of difficulty putting on her bra because she is right handed and that is the limb most effected right now. She is as we say "well endowed" so she really feels the need to wear one especially in public. I suggested fastening it then sliding it over her head but that is not working either. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Barb

I'm a cregiver, not the PALS, but I have always fastened my bra in the front, then rotated it around to the proper position and adjusted as needed.

Just an idea.

Lynn
CALS husband diagnosed 0808

Barb,

Go to the site "Abledata dot com. Search for bras. They have a ton of different options for women with disabilities of the upper extremities. Of course they don't look like Victoria's Secret, but looks like they do the job! :smile:

I fasten it then step into it and wiggle it up.

CJ's link sounds very helpful. I'm going to check it out.

What I do for my wife is to attach the bra upside-down and inside-out, with the underwires tucked in place under each breast. I put her arms through the straps, then pull them over her shoulders, inverting the bra into place. Very little, if any, adjustment if necessary (at least that's what she tells me).

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back