Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
North Carolina
City
Providence
I am a new member but I would like to give you some assistance in helping with your loved ones. I purchased a stand assist lift in Oct. 2008. My husband was diagnosed in March 2008. He really went down fast. By June of 2008 the Dr. wanted to put him in Hospice care. I fought it until Sept. 2008. From March until July he went from walking,talking and bathroom things to having to have help with everything. I was having to call someone to help to get him on the bedside commode. We dropped him several times. Once he was in Hospice care the CNA mentioned about the lift she had used in the nursing home. I got to work trying to find out about it and to find one I could see being used.It was the best thing I have gotten since this whole nightmare started. If I didn't have this lift my husband would have to be in the bed all the time or in a facility. I have told another ALS patient about this. She sent an email saying luv the lift. I hope this can be some help. :)

Can you post some pictures or a website so we can see it. There are a lot of us that are very interested. Thanks for mentioning this! Glad it has helped you!

It is made by invacare the Reliant 350. I bought this one at Spinlife.com

I have a standing lift and love it! The patients must be able to stand/bear weight to use it safely.
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back