Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
ID
City
Wilder
It never dawned on me until we got home from the hospital after my husband had his PEG put in place that I would be cooking for one since he is NPO.

So, my eating habits are awful. Sandwiches - egg/cheese, sandwich meat, peanut butter/jelly. Next time I go shopping, I need to start thinking about things for me to eat that aren't all sammiches!

I love soup, but it's hard to make soup for one person. Guess I can make up a pot of it and freeze individual portions.

Tomorrow some wonderful people are coming out to build a wheelchair ramp for us. :p

Sunday, we're driving down to Salt Lake City for an appt at the University of Utah Medical Center on Monday to try to get a firm diagnosis. The doctors tell us they think he has ALS, but no one will say for sure.

Donna in SW Idaho

Good luck in Salt Lake City Donna!

I have to cook and fix things for my husband a certain way and then my son. If we ate what I'm cooking hubby, we would gain a ton of weight!

Get you some good salad greens and make homemade dressing. The homemade dressing at least makes you feel like you are doing something for yourself in a gourmet kinda way. This will be good for your body and your mind.

Why not cook for two? He can eat what you do, just blend it up and feed it to him through his tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back