03/2008
Country
US
State
VA
City
Stafford
Hi everyone,
I came across a helpful "Caregivers' Guide" on the MDA website today. Some of you may already know about it, but I thought I would pass it along. It has some information that would have helped me last year when Eric was diagnosed... when we were moving through life in a state of shock.

The website is: http://www.als-mda.org/publications/alscare/

The title is "MDA ALS Caregivers' Guide" in the publications section. It may help people who are newly diagnosed or people needing government agency contact information or social security guidance. I found it very informative.

Take care.
Pam B in Va

Thanks Pam! How is Eric? You haven't posted in a while...how are you?

Hi CJ,
It has been a while. I've been working 6-7 days/week, so I don't have a lot of time to post.

We're pretty good right now.... can't complain. We have some good news. We're going to be grandparents for the first time! Our daughter is due the first week of October. We're very excited. :)

Eric is doing really well. He has more good days than bad. He can still play 9 holes of golf with his buddies. He is going away camping in two weeks.... a guys' weekend. He might not be the same after that. lol I just want him to have as much fun as he can while he still can. He had to sell his Harley, which about killed us both. Not so much the loss of the bike, but a symbol of losing a piece of his independence.

How are your hubby and son? I read about the culvert episode... Eric got a kick out of that! If I remember correctly your son got a prestigious award at school. He may be our President some day. How cool would that be! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Pam B in Va

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back