10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
Hi Everyone

I am not a caregiver. I am the recipient, a PALS.

I have not seen to many posts like this one , so I hope to start a trend.
So many posts cover the dark sides of this disease. No one says Thanks.

I wish to say to my loving wife of almost 30 years, that I really appreciate the love and care and help that she has given me during our relationship. I don't know how she manages to do it all , especially when I can not help.

I love you Wanda. Thank You.

Yes, I tell her every day. Its usually our last words before parting or going to sleep.

Glen Brittle

You are a true gentleman, Glen. Thank you for sharing this with us, it is so uplifting. Your wife is very lucky to have you and vice versa. :)

Recently, my mother asked for her dry erase board and scrawled "Thank You" on it. She then handed to my father. He was perplexed because he didn't realize he had done anything special for her at that time. Most of the time my mother is still with us mentally. I told him that she just decided to thank him for the care he's been giving her for the last 2 years. He has been great. Perhaps we baby her too much but she was always there for us and we are there for her.

Real men do express their feelings towards their wives, publicly and to the world!

As a CALS, I want to say that was so nice to read- and, as a wife, I have to think that Wanda must feel so touched and so loved!

Glen! You can't have been married that long! You look so young! Oh- I'm a year older - HA!

Thank you so much for expressing your feelings towards your wife! She is very special, as are you!

Glen,
Your letter of thanks to your wife brought a tear to my eye. Amazing how just a few words can mean so much to someone. You are truly a gem!

Way to go glen!

I second all the appreciation that you show Wanda and say way to go Glen! You and Wanda are so blessed to have one another!

We have a little star that sits on our desk "Always kiss me goodnight" that makes us smile and reminds us that no matter how hard, how tired our day is, a goodnight kiss makes it all worthwhile.

My plan is to keep George around for a very very long time! I am sure Wanda feels the same. You are good guys and we wouldn't trade you even for Brad Pitt! ha ha

Patty ;-)

thank you

Glen..it was wonderful reading your post! It's so very nice to see a PALS that takes the time to thank their CALS for all the love and care they give. This disease truly sucks for all involved, we all go through so much heartache. God Bless...cris

I am so moved by this post.. I think of my family and think wow this is harder on me than the disease, to see the worry and concern on the face of my loved ones, to hear it in the voice when one my sister has not heard from me in a day. It is so amazing what the Cals in our lives bring to us. My only child is now 14, he has the emotional intelligence of a 40 year old, it is great, but so hard. He is my buddy and friend, he is an old soul taking on old problems, but with this greif comes GRACE...
I am more grateful for him than anything else, with him so goes my heart...

Good for you Glen! That is important. I'm glad you have someone that takes such good care of you! You both are in my prayers!

I too am one of the lucky PALS who is blessed with an incredibly wonderful wife who is also my caregiver. She is also the caregiver of our 20 year old son, who has severe Autism. She works harder than you would think is possible for one person, but somehow she does it all so well.

She started posting here recently, and will see this before I awaken Wednesday (today). I am barely able to use a keyboard now, but I wanted to say how much I love her and appreciate everything she does for me, even though I don't tell her enough.
It doesn't hurt that she's very attractive also. :wink:

This probably gives away her forum identity. Don't let me catch anyone being creepy.

You just made me cry. I love you Mango.

Ahhhhhhhhhh !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back