Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
In.
City
Winamac
My husband was diagnosed in Feb of 2008. Like most of the stories I've read, our lives were getting to our time. Our kids were grown, he was 57, I was 54. I had quit my day job, and we had just opened our dream business, a quilt shop. He was going to retire in a year, and we were going to run it together. We had the shop opened for 3 months when we got the news. His was very fast moving, we first noticed his right foot, it went up to his arm. I put a for sale sign on the door March 15. Who would buy a brand new store in these economic times. Thru all of this we trusted God, we knew what the outcome of this disease was, we hoped we had years left to just be together. God is good , no, he did not send a miracle, but he gave us such a clear understanding of whats important in life. He sent someone to buy the shop, they took over May 1st. I was able to take care of my husband,someone loanedus a van. We got a moterized wheelchair from the loan closet in Indy. Every week we would get a new chalange, and I would go in the bathroom and cry to God,"how am I going to do this" and he would say you can't do it, but we can. It would give me such peace. We have a strong church family, and good friends. Without that support I don't no how we would have made it. My husband died July 7, 2008. We did not have a lot of time with this, but we could laugh about the silliest things, and we did enjoy life. I don't think my husband died like a lot of Als patients,he could breathe on his own, the last week, it got to where he really could not eat much, he swallowing was almost gone. Thru it all I can still say that God is good, and we know that this is all in his control. I am too young to collect his Social Security, but I found a job. I have 4 great boys, and 5 beautiful grandbabies. Most of all, I have a God who loves me so much, he sends a beautiful sunset on days I need it

This is such a beautiful testimony of your faith and your love. Although my Rick's progression is slow right now, I hope I can take our journey as gracious as you have, when the going gets tough. Thank you for sharing this with us, and may you be comforted with fond memories and the love of your family, his legacy.

"Smile" is not the title most would have chosen for this post. Without a doubt you have the peace that passes understanding.

Annmarie,

I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband, but am glad you were able to share the time you had in happiness and strength of faith.

Thank you for sharing your journey...

Annamarie-
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I am sorry for your loss. May you have beautiful memories of your husband to share for many years to come,
God bless,
-brenda

Helloi Annamarie. Such a nice story about your husband. I am soure he will be missed by everyone whose life he touched. Thanks for sharing! Cindy

Dear AnneMarie,
I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you and your outlook. SMILE was such a wonderful title for your post. Your line about not being able to get through but we can.....hit home to me. It sounds like you have some wonderful memories....
Lin

Dear Annamarie,
I am so very sorry for your loss. God bless you. I smile as I read about the gifts of sunsets
God brings to you when you need them. Life is certainly not fair but God is so good. Thank you
for reminding us to keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back