Not open for further replies.

Ellamay

Country
CA
State
BC
City
Cassidy
My hubby has extreme reaction to change in temperature. For instance when he gets up out of bed and the house is cold. He shivers so bad that his teech chatter and he can barely move his limbs. ONce his body becomes accustomed to the ambiant temperature the shiver and shakes stop. It was bad this winter going outside from a warm house. He wouldn't even be able to walk. The same happened in the summer when he got into a cold pool.
Has anyone else seen this happen to your loved ones?

Yes, I am the same way with temperature. I get cold very easily and quickly, then nothing works. Most people with ALS seem to have this issue. If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see other posts where this has been discussed. Just click on one to see if there is any information that will help.

Joel, This is the first time that I heard that it was "normal" when I mentioned it to the dr's they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Thanks for the tip

Hi Ellamay.. I am new and just checking out the posts. I have had a Lower Motor Neuron Disease- Progressive Muscular Atrophy ( cousin to ALS ) for 7 years.. The cold soooo affects my body as well and to top that off when my body is cold then my nerves and muscles don't work as well so it's harder for me to stand up and quite impossible to be outside in the cold for more than an hour without harsh repercussions after. It like when my body is cold my nerves are asleep and I can't get them to work. That is when my body.. mostly knees go into this burning heat mode after being cold. I keep a small heating pad by my couch and use it most days to keep the pain down. My only pain with this disease is the arthritis LIKE ( my dr says it's not arthritis as I have been tested for it and he has no explanation for this ) pain throughout my body.

Hi Everyone i'm new to this so please bare with me! I was diagnosed with MND April 2006 and I find that I lack energy the warmer I am. I tend to spend a lot of time in just my trousers and t-shirt has anybody else experienced this situation? I would really be interested in hearing your views?
Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back