Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
US
State
CO
City
Greeley
Well, after thinking that my dad had als for about 2 months, a different neurologist actually tested him and thinks it's guillame-barre. There are tests (such as a spinal tap) that they could do, and if it is g.b., it's treatable. But given my dad's age (87) and condition (6', 135 lbs. and totally weak), the cure might kill him . Plus my dad doesn't want to do this, he just wants to be made comfortable. He always tells me, "I'm a lucky bastard, I've had a great life!" But God, I'm going to miss him! Everyone loves him, he's just that kind of person. His pants are falling down (because they're now so loose) as they stand him up to plop him in the car, and he makes a joke about it. :roll: He says he's ready to go, but he's still so intelligent, into life, current events, politics. It KILLS me.

I am sorry to hear this, Debbie. Your Dad is right to appreciate his long life this far but this does not make it any easier for you, I'm sure. He sounds like a great guy!

Thanks, Cindy...you do so much for so many people here, it is appreciated. As many have said, it just helps to vent and know that you've been heard.
Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back