CALS
Country
US
State
ohio
City
lakemore
Hi All:
My Mother in Law suffered from ALS and passed away in April 2007. My wife and I cared for her at home, as per her wishes, with visiting nurses who came in a few times a week. It was incredible to me the level of concern and compassion they show not only the patient, but the family members as well. We will be forever in their debt. When the situation was at it's darkest, a few words of encouragement from them was a gift from god.
So...
As a way of thanking all caregivers, I started a FREE site - national caregivers hall of fame.com
This is NOT a scam or money making endeavor, but a sincere attempt to create a place where everyone can Thank a Caregiver. It does not have to be a healthcare professional - it can be a family member, friend, or clergy.
There is also a "In Memorial" page to honor a lost loved one.
I launched this site on 1/26/2008 so it's still a work in progress given my limited computer skills.
If anyone has any interest in this, the site address is:
www.nationalcaregivershalloffame.com
Thanks for reading, T.W. Conroy

On the surface it looks like a great idea T.W. Hope it works out for you and Caregivers to get a bit of recognition. We're usually pretty leary about first time posters putting in links but after looking at your site, you sound sincere so we'll leave you in. Good luck.
AL.

TW, hi! I am deeply sorry to hear about your loved one's departure. May she rest in peace. Thanks a million for sharing the Thank a Caregiver/In Memorial site with us. I lost my son to Als on June 3, 2007, and have added him to the list. Again, thanks, and God bless!

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back