Diagnosis
11/2003
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Burlington
Just a bit of information that I found interesting.... On average 9 1/2 hours? I never had the time to even break it down or calculate it, now I know why!​

A Cross-Sectional Study of Caregiver Time Use in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Adriano Chio, TorinoPiemonte, Italy, Augusto Gauthier, Alessandro Vignola, Andrea Calvo, Paolo Ghiglione, Anna A. Terreni, Roberto Mutani, Torino, Italy

This study examined the care time required from ALS caretakers and its relationship to the patient’s disability. This is important as time-dependence burden is the weakest Caregiver Burden Inventory domain. Using the Caregiver Activity Time Survey, caregivers were found to spend an average of 570 minutes per day caregiving, with the most time spent housekeeping, toileting and feeding. The time spent related to the overall extent of the patient’s disability and to lower limb disability, especially in certain realms of care. The patient’s age and duration of disease did not seem to affect care time. Results suggest that the caregiver aspect of the disease may serve as a measure of outcome for potential therapies.

No wonder I'm so darn tired!
Beaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back