Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago area
I'm guessing that many have thought of this already, but as I am fairly new here I have not seen anything posted regarding this, so....................My husband has a hard time with his arms & hands. Grasping, strength, mobility, etc. He has a difficult time showering, especially reaching his underarms. (sorry if that is more info than you needed!:-?) He had gotten a bendable shower aid with one of those scrubby things on the end of it from ALSA, but he was still struggling as he has a hard time grasping and holding on to it. Tonight he tried a shower glove. The kind that you can lather up and use in place of a washcloth or whatever. He needs help (whether he will accept it or not is another story :?) putting it on, but he is still able to shower by himself this way, which is the way he wants it! :) Thought I'd put this out there in case it may be of help to someone.

Also, would you guys please keep those prayers going for my family to get our house sold? Only 2 lookers in 2 months! Thank you! And God bless!

Hi Linda,I know what you are going through with the whole house thing.My husband has als and sounds like about the same stage your husband is in...I hope this dosnt discourage you but it a whole year to sell our house!Looking back it was because my husband thought the house was worth more than it actually was.We had a ton of people go through the house and it was so exhausting to keep it clean and everything in its place.At that time my husband could help me though thank goodness.When we dropped the price to what our agent had originally suggested it sold pretty quickly.Regarding the showering thing i would have liked a little more info.We know live in a so called wheel chair accesable aptt. about the size of a shoebox...roll in shower...so they say but the damn thing leaks water all over the floor unless you turn nozzle against the wall.I keep telling the building owners that the slant is not enough to drain it quickly and keep it off the floor and they keep insisting that it is supposed to be that way.Anyway now i am just going on about everthing...stressfull morning ..damn i hate this disease....i will pray that your house sells quickly !Ours sold the week after xmas.....Good luck.....Gina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back