Old 12-01-2007, 05:35 PM #16 (permalink)

City: marshfield
State: Wi
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
swmn is on a distinguished road
Wink un- disenfranchised

Thanks Irma - and everyone here!
The people here in the forum have really helped me feel connected. I am so glad I have learned from you all, but more glad that you have reached out to me to help me cope with all the crazy spins that are happening in my friends' lives who live and breathe these challenges.
This forum is really making me feel... Un- disenfranchised..
{{hugs & Prayers to you all}}
Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 PM #17 (permalink)

City: Tomball
State: Texas
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Icanmanz is on a distinguished road
City: Tomball
State: Texas
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Icanmanz is on a distinguished road

Judylyne, you are such an angel! When my son was diagnosed'ed it sent me spinning out of control. I learned not to cry in front of him, openly that is. Let me put it this way judy, you can stand there before a terminally ill loved one dry eyed, but you'd be crying on the inside. I learned this from experience, it is much harder to cry on the inside than doing so openly! I am sure you know what I am talking about. I am okay now, knowing that my son is in Heaven. I am only looking forward to meeting again. He wanted for me to go on with my life, and I am doing just that. May God bless you!

Irma
Old 12-03-2007, 01:21 PM #18 (permalink)

City: Fort Myers
State: Florida
Diagnosed: n/a
l2c is on a distinguished road
City: Fort Myers
State: Florida
Diagnosed: n/a
l2c is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Irma.....crying on the inside is just what I feel like I'm doing much of the time unless I'm with my darling PAL and then I'm trying to be pleasant and "normal". We, too were so looking forward to retirement. We thought we could grab all those great last minute deals for cruising and other travel and just go....we always loved to travel. Now we can do no more cruising or travelling except to travel by car from Florida to Illinois to see our children and grandchildren. Soon we'll be leaving Florida for good and staying in Illinois with my youngest daughter's family. He loves Florida but wants to be near his family when he gets really bad.

I try not to think ahead too much because I'm not sure I can handle it! Plan B does suck!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM #19 (permalink)

Question too many dreams/unrested

What do you think? does this happen to all pals /cals?
I have been experiencing more dreams, where I'm trying to help my PALS friend - and his CALS wife... These dreams seem to have a common undertone of not being able to help them enough. I wake exhausted, from "cleaning their apartment" Or trying to help my PALS friend at workin my dreams... I had some dreams like this a few months back and since, I hadn't had any. My friends have been out of town most of this week and I miss them - so maybe my brain is coping with their absence.

Just wondering if I am alone on this kind of experience....
Old 01-01-2008, 10:08 AM #20 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Anytown
State: New England
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
CindyM is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: Anytown
State: New England
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
CindyM is on a distinguished road

I get that feeling often. I am helping my Mom in her final stages fo Alzheimer's and I often feel as if I am not doing enough. In my family, we call that the "Schlindler Syndrome." Remember in the movie when Schlindler kept saying "I could have done more! I could have sold this ring I am wearing to save one more..."

We can't really change what is happening to them. We could give 24 hours of our time and energy and their reality would not change. They just need to know that they are not alone and they just need what help we are able to give. JMO, Cindy
Closed Thread

Tags
ache, anger, back, book, brain, cals, children, coping, death, diagnosis, family, fear, friend, grief, heart, love, work