Reason
Other
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
Hello, we are looking for help with a short survey we are creating. This is a university project to help caregivers. It asks about making health care decisions for other people who cannot make their own decisions. Please take a moment to complete the survey. Please have in mind a specific family member or other loved one when you answer.

The survey is completely anonymous and does not ask for any personal information.

https://redcap.med.upenn.edu/surveys/?s=9RLRNHEAKH

Thank you for your time!
Josh

Seems quick and easy.

Josh I've just completed the survey for you but I would really encourage you to think about the following.

There is no context for the survey.

I was able to answer the way I did because my husband had completed an advanced health directive, and we had discussed his end of life wishes before his diagnosis and early after his diagnosis when doing his legal paperwork.

I feel you need to put some context on the survey such as whether there is a living will or some kind of directive in place, whether the carer has discussed this with the person they care for and understand it, and whether it is in line with what they would choose for themselves.

Then answering all the questions in the survey will possibly make more sense. The way it is now, there is no way to tell why a person may choose anything on a scale of 1 - 9.

I also feel that it is only polite to fully explain the reason for the survey and what will be done with data. Saying it is a university project to help tells us nothing.

My husband has died, so it was easy for Mike (whose wife has died) and I to do this - but with no real reason, most of our highly stressed CALS here possibly will not even attempt it as their time is precious.

I hope this helps you in your project and I hope you will tell us more about what answering these questions could possibly do for carers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back