Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
FL
City
North Port
So as a CALS I tend to live in constant fear.... fear that my father may be doing to much... fear that if I let him do what he wants to do he will hurt the next day..... Constant fear..... I have not slept.... I have lost weight... however... today was a good day... we finally got him a new cell phone that is easier with his limited hand usage and he is content. There has been so much going on that between the emotional and physical changes we all needed a change of pace. Today we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves.... I actually feel a little bit like my old self. There is no constant panic of what to do next. It brings me some peace....

I'm glad you had a good day and found some peace. That sounds like a win to me.

It is so difficult worrying about what they are doing but we have to let them have their independence. They are losing so much... I worry about my PALS all the time. He tries to hang on to every bit of independence until it is impossible to do. I can't say that I blame him. There's is no way of knowing what they are actually feeling about all the losses.

Sounds like you are doing a great job and doing what you can. I am sure that your dad appreciates all that you are doing!

This disease is so devastating...I will take peace when I can..his happiness means the most. The last month has been devastating to say the least.

That's wonderful :)

I would really recommend you find a counsellor to help you through your time as a CALS. I found it invaluable to have someone that was there just for me to talk about what it all meant to me and how it was impacting on my. I believe it made me a better CALS and helped with how I have coped afterwards.

Your Dad is a very lucky man. He has you. Enjoy every little "win" that comes your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back