Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
Tonight I found something out that sort of rocked my world because it made me wonder just how blind I can be to who people really are.

Due to numerous considerations, I can't break any specifics down in a public forum, but I learned that someone we called a friend for over a decade had in fact taken petty financial advantage of my husband and I since his ALS diagnosis.

WHO cons a dying man while calling herself a friend?? Who am I that I did not see more about her sooner? I did recently break off contact with her for other reasons, but honestly I never would have imagined this.

She is just the person too who puts on a fabulous facade of being all things kind. She is very popular with people, has dozens of friends. Little do they know. I really need to look at myself to figure out why I did not see her for who she is years ago.

Lenore, this kinds of things really make my blood boil. I'm glad you figured it out before further issues. Here's hoping you can somehow get back what you have lost.

Hugs,

Sue

I'm so sorry Lenore. Sadly I've heard a few friend shocker tales and it's beyond my comprehension, but it's there.

I like to think we don't see things coming because it is too far outside of anything we would every consider doing. Keep that close to your heart while you reel from this - you are not that kind of person xxx

That's so awful, Lenore. I'm so sorry that on top of everything going on, you have to deal with this. There's a special place in hell for these type of people.

There's wolves out there, we have to be careful. Just look at what Bernie Madoff was able to do. Not everyone who smiles at you wants to be your friend.

I'm so sorry Lenore. It's amazing how awful some people can be.

Thanks everyone. Honestly, this is too much for my mind at the moment so I have mostly tuned it out. I wonder if something ALS does in a lot of ways is show us who the people in our lives truly are. Some of the news there is good and beautiful, other news anything but...

We are getting a stair lift, a walk in tub. Brian decided today. Progress happens. So does truth.

Lenore, I am so sorry. It's sad that we need to be suspicious of everyone or risk having something like this happen.

I hope she gets hers in this life.

Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back