Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
Us
State
Ma
City
Boston
I ve written here so many times with little questions along the way. My PALS is literally a walking skeleton but getting up and going to work everyday. He wont communicate a thing. He really looked wiped today. I don't know what to say, what to do, or how to help. This is the craziest, saddest situation I have ever found myself. He wants zero assistance and I think is only taking Nuplrexa (sp) as far as I can see. Only thing he said the other day to me, "so what's your plan". Uh? I had a plan a year ago to downsize to a ranch, retro fit a mini van and get into a smaller mortgage that I could afford the day he cant work. He was offended by this then and I was in the dog house for even bringing it up. I get zero direction from him and finally on high dose of anti depressants just to deal with the lack of control and inability to help this person. I am a planner, take charge, meet head on type. This has practically killed me. I am finally in a live day to day and appreciate what you have, and then he says, what is your plan? Really? Much like his body is restricting him, my mind is restricted, confused and frozen. Than you for the venting forum. This is a mean disease for all affected.

Sometimes ALS comes down like an axe between a couple. I totally get your frustration. I also struggle with my PALS having retreated back into his shell.

When he asks about your plan, can you share with him how he has made planning impossible for you? I can only try to imagine the horror our pals face, but sometimes they need to be reminded that they need to support our efforts.

So sorry this is so hard Labinma. HUGS!

For what it is worth, since I was diagnosed my wife has become more and more in charge with my blessing and I think it is best for both of us.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back