Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
FL
City
Cape Coral
I am interested in a First Alert-like device so that my PALS can use it in the event I am away. However she has Bulbar ALS and cannot speak. I see most of these devices are geared around pressing a button and speaking with a rep (which my PALS cannot do). What system would you all recommend that can work for her?

Thanks,Scott

Well... mom got Great Call. It's tracking works fine, but it is supposed to have the ability to alert if she falls. She fell today while she was at the hair salon with a friend and got a black eye and a sore wrist, but it didn't notify me. For what it's worth. I'll be calling them Monday to find out why not.

Cee

Last edited:
Scott,
When you say "away," would calling you or a chain of other people still work? You or they could then alert 911. Freedom Alert has a lanyard, and there are many smart phone apps. Can she text or press buttons?

See if you can tell the command center to flag the record: "Customer cannot speak. Call 911 automatically." Or something like that.

This does not answer your need, but I'm mentioning it for future value.

If you have an Amazon Echo or Dot, there is a free skill called AskMyBuddy that will notify one contact or the entire list, by phone (voice), text or email.

We used with great results " Philips Lifeline" it has the Fall protection feature and it worked both times my Lizzy Fell and was unable to speak. And it came up on the screen at the Philips call center that she was unable to speak and then who to call and in what order.. hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back