Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
ct
City
stratford
Jay asked to be baptized so we're having it done tonight. Instead of being sprinkled with water he wants to be submerged in the water. Which will require them to lay him on a sheet and put him in the water. I don't see this as being possible. He has no use of arms and cannot walk. I tried to tell him but he's insisting on it. And after I will have to take him out of the wet clothes and change him. He said he doesn't want anyone but me seeing him. Well again not possible I will need help getting him out of the wet clothes. So I don't care what he says. That's even if they submerge him in the water.

We're very happy that you will assist him with his wish. Please let us know how it works out. Prayers for both of you

You might try having him wear loose clothes that unzip from the front, like a hoodie, or even a poncho, and after the baptism, wrapping him in large towels/blankets, so the wet clothes can come off from under. I hope it goes as you both wish!

Best,
Laurie

The less clothes the better. Perhaps just a bathing siut.

When I was baptized, I wore a white smock, which became mostly transparent when wet:)

Steve

I was Baptized in the ocean just before my diagnosis. It was so rough that I decided to just get the water poured on my head. It was very important to me and, I'm sure, your PALS feels the same way.

Kim

Hi all! They actually decided before we got there that they would just pour the water over him. He was a bit disappointed but he was very happy afterward. So it went very well.

Thanks!
Amy

Amy - I am so happy that they were able to accomdate Jay and that he was then happy with how things went.

Hugs,

sue

Glad it went well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back