Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
Arkansas
City
sw Arkansas
My special PAL is now unable to stand and pivot for transferring, he is always either in the hospital bed or PWC, we are exclusively using a manual Hoyer lift with a split sling for transfers. We don't have a van to take him anywhere, we are totally at the mercy of the local non-emergancy medical transportation, for drs appts and such. So I was researching and found this Milford person hoist, th transfer a person from a wheelchair smd into a vehicle, I thought maybe this may be an option for a while, I don't think I can afford a wheelchair van and am looking for a safe option,

There are several systems like this. As you can see from the pictures and videos, the slings they use have no upper back or head support and so may not work for long. For the same reason, he may not be able to tolerate sitting somewhere other than his chair for long.

Yet they cost thousands of dollars. So my question would be if instead you could "spend" that amount on van rentals when you guys want to go out? And some firms deliver for a fee.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back