Diagnosis
11/2016
Country
US
State
VA
City
Woodbridge
I have a question for mostly those with bulbar onset ASL - i am not sure if here is the best place to ask? please direct me to the right board if I am in the wrong place...

a few days ago i asked why dad just does nothing but sleep, and got awesome answers and suggestions.

now it seems that his sleep is not the problem; the problem is that he won't eat
and he won't eat not because of his swallowing problems, but because of this major nausea that he experiences almost every day; he says that even water tastes disgusting, and the majority of food that he used to like
he sounds as if he was in the first trimester of pregnancy - when everything really does taste disgusting

and the only culprit i can think of is neudexta - that he started to take about 3 weeks ago
is it possible that neudexta is causing this? would it make sense to stop it and see if things improve? he lost 6 kgs in one month... the problem didn't start during the first week when he was taking it, maybe the second week?

have anybody experienced something similar?
i'll be very grateful for any advice on this matter...
JJ.

Nausea is a known side effect, and since there are many drug interactions, combinations can be the real culprit. You can read more on the label or at drugs.com. If the nausea is affecting his nutrition, it may be time to discontinue the drug to see if that's the reason, either way.

Gycopyrrolate caused my PALS tastebuds to change. Things that he normally loved, he said tasted disgusting. His neurologist said that can be a side effect of that drug.

Thank you so much! He'll reduce to one pill first, then to zero, and we'll see. I am very grateful for your quick replies!!
JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back