Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Cathderal City
Hi all..

Not sure what to do or say to dad today. He's having a "why me?" kind of day. His legs gave out on him the other day and it took him about 30 minutes to pull himself onto the bed... that started it. He's really depressed today.. feeling like he's trapped in a body that doesn't work and is wondering what he did to deserve this. What can I do to lift his spirits? He lives about an hour and half away (we are working on getting him closer).. I just want to know that he had one good smile today... any suggestions?

Thanks!

What are some of his favorite hobbies, things to do etc.?

IF he has a computer you can find a favorite song on youtube and email it to him... or something cute. Maybe he would like to get a delivery of flowers or a cute stuffed animal. Things like that, that he can look at often and be reminded of someone that loves him and thought of him, go a lot further than we realize.

Call him up and him read Al's rule on how not to mow the lawn. If you can find the old post from Captain AL (MT Pockets) about how not to get the boat onto the water you've got a double chuckle.

PS. Too bad he couldn't come to this forum and read for himself. I"M betting he'd feel better after meeting some of our PALS. Cindy

Thanks everyone

Thank you all for your ideas.. I have never been on youtube.. gonna check that one out. I love to send him e-greetings... I agree that little things go a long way. I will have to mention to him about getting on this site so he can meet all of you.. he needs a lot of love right now. My sister just joined yesterday.. I'm on a mission! Lemme tell ya! LOL!

I am still trying to get his current living situation changed. I have enlisted the help of my younger sister who lives in AZ. I think my dad needs to know that he has a few options.. not just to stay in the crummy place he is now or go into a home.. he needs to know that there are many doors open to him. He refuses to accept a lot of help from us. He keeps reminding me that I have my own family and don't need the "added stress" of taking care of/worring about him. Will these thoughts of his ever go away? Will he ever accept the fact that he raised us and now it's time for us to take care of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back