Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
NY
City
Queensbury
So, seriously, how much can one person take before they snap??

You all know this weird "curse" as I call it this year with all of the serious health issues in many different family members and then I had brain surgery a couple weeks ago and woke up to find out my Gram died.

Well now we are in the hospital again, this time my daughter, pneumonia. Got a call from the school nurse Wednesday afternoon that she had a fever of 101.8, she was fine that morning. Last night even with Tylenol and Ibuprofen on board she was at 104 and not coming down so off to the hospital we went. They were hoping they could let her go home today with close monitoring but she got worse so we are still here.....

My poor mom, this make ALS even harder on her because normally she would be here in a heartbeat, she and Isa are two peas in a pod....

Thanks for listening to yet another vent...

I am so sorry Jenny. I wish I could more than just pray and send you virtual hugs. Hang in there.

Wow Jenny! So sorry! I hope your daughter gets well soon and that you don't over do it. Praying for you and your family.

Dear Jenny, so sorry that you are going through all of this. I pray that your daughter is well very soon. Sending you a virtual hug.

V

Oh Jenny, too much!

At least being in hospital they will keep her temp down and get her pumped up with what she needs for hopefully a quick recovery.

It's a good reminder of just how fast pneumonia can take hold, and often it starts before the temp elevates, but then it tends to elevate in a heartbeat.

Please keep us posted, and many big hugs to you xx

Jenny, sending strength your way. Surely, you are due for a good run soon?

Oh Jenny, too much!

At least being in hospital they will keep her temp down and get her pumped up with what she needs for hopefully a quick recovery.

It's a good reminder of just how fast pneumonia can take hold, and often it starts before the temp elevates, but then it tends to elevate in a heartbeat.

Please keep us posted, and many big hugs to you xx

Yes, her heart rate has been as high as 170 which is high even for a kid, she has had pneumonia many times in her life already. I'm praying we can go home today, I can hardly see straight I'm si tired

Jenny, I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. You definitely deserve a break.

Hugs,
Joan

Hugs Jenny. I'm praying for all of you.

sue

Hugs Jenny. I'm praying for all of you.

sue

How is your daughter today Jen?

How is your daughter today Jen?

We are finally home from the hospital, the antibiotics kicked in and the fever is gone, today we are not going to give the Motrin and see if it stays gone without meds. She is still on two antibiotics and an inhaler but she is pretty comfortable.

I, on the other hand, am about to rip someone's head off, two days without anti depressants because my husband kept forgetting to bring them to me at the hospital, plus I definitely need my dose upped, the shunt tubing is constantly sliding out of place which hurts so it's difficult to be up and about getting things done. My husband acts like he is the sleep deprived one that was at the hospital 24/7, he came during the day but would go home around six for the dogs...my house is a wreck so he came home, took care of the dogs and just stayed up late playing video games, didn't do a damn thing in the house. Everything is catching up with me and I've just kind of had it.

I'm so sorry to hear this Jenny. Hope you get to have some time to yourself soon, even if it's just a couple hours. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Hope your daughter is continuing to improve and you are back on your meds - really dangerous to just stop antidepressants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back