Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
West Virginia
City
Sometimes....when you feel helpless...and you want to do so much more for your love one.....it doesn't take much to make you so very thankful!!! My Hubby, John, got his Motorzied chair.....seems like it took forever...since July....but it finally came!! He was like a kid at CHRISTmas....lol. He was all over the house!!! Lol. He was all over the yard....and took off down the road....lol....I chased him in our gator...it's the freedom....freedom to be in control and no one pushing you in a wheelchair....freedom to go as you please.....it was such a wonderful day.....just seeing him laughing and smiling.....he even chased me around the yard...lol...it was priceless! Though it wore him out and he didn't get back in the motorized chair for three days...he never complained. I hate what ALS does...I see him getting so weak, unable to walk, but a few steps...unable to hold a sandwich to good....his body twitching all over....still eating and talking...but from the neck down...using his Trilogy machine a lot. ALS has taken over....but he still has his determination to keep going....laughing and smiling. I never let him see me...scared or crying..he says I keep him strong....I told him....that he is The one Who keeps me strong.....that he's my Hero.....he truly is!!! I'm so Blessed and Thankful....we both are!!! Just wanted to share our happy day!!! Pray you all have them!!!

Love and prayers for all,
Sheila

That's wonderful!

I can't imagine how wonderful that feeling of freedom must have been for him, even if it exhausted him, hopefully now he will use it more moderately and have some great freedom every day.

I love the vision of him chasing you around the yard :)

Thank you, Tillie.....I must say it was a sight!!! Lol.

Love and prayers,
Sheila

Sheila,

What a beautiful post. I love reading posts from CALS and PALS that express such love for one another even though things are so tough. You made my evening with your post. Bless you both.

Vince

Small victories become huge. I know the feeling exactly. Remember that moment/day as well. Happy for you both. Revel in the wins. They will sustain you.

tc

Thank you, Vince and TC.

Love and prayers
Sheila

What an awesome day for you. I too remember that day. Cherish these moments for when you need them.

hugs,

Sue

Sheila, that is a wonderful post.

I know the feeling first hand of the freedom the wheelchair provides.

Sounds like he has a great attitude.

Steve

It's wonderful when our PALs can laugh and smile.

Oh Sheila, what a great post.

Laughing together, in spite of everything, is the best.

Thinking of you.

Love & hugs
Joan

Sheila, thank you so much for the wonderful post!

Thank you for your beautiful post.....it made me start my day with a smile. God bless you.

I loved reading this!! I remember when I got a loaner chair for my father after he had stopped going out. At first he was nervous to drive it and we went out once a day for a few minutes. A few days later he was going out twice a day for longer periods, zipping around talking to all the neighbors which was awesome to see. This post made me smile :)

Thank you, Joan! We cherish our time...so very thankful. I've been thinking of you and your family, a lot, praying for all.

Love and prayers
Sheila

Thank you all!!!

Love and prayers
Sheila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back