Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
I had the carpal tunnel release surgery yesterday at the Durham VA hospital. What a great experience--we are so fortunate to have THIS VA hospital in our area.

My right hand is wrapped with only the finger tips exposed until Sunday. Our aide is working longer hours and my brother in law is coming over to fill in with transfers and showering hubby this weekend. My friend and neighbor gave up her day to drive ,e

Typing will be limited as I hate hunt and peck, and I'm not as brave as our PALS!

Let's hope this does the trick!

Oh, I'm channeling my mom, who lost the use of her right arm and hand at age 4. If she could do it, I can do it for a short period, Teeth come in to play a lot....

Becky, best wishes for a quick recovery.

V

Heal quickly and try to let others care for you! As difficult as that may be. I can imagine how teeth come into play here.
Anna

Becky,
Hope your hand mends quickly!in the meantime allow someone else care for you.you deserve it.

Becky,
Hoping for an uneventful recovery!

Best,
Laurie

So glad it's all over and you are home. Please do heal quickly and let anyone and everyone help you out xxx

Hi Becky,
Glad it all went well. Hoping for a quick recovery!
-Erika

I'm glad things went well! Hope you are all healed soon!

Hi Becky
Sending virtual healing hugs and hope you have a speedy recovery.
Wendy x

Hi Becky,

Praying your recovery is coming along nicely. Let yourself be taken care of a bit.

Hugs,

sue

It's healing up nicely. The wrap got dirty and then wet yesterday so I replaced it. I did schedule the aide for six hour days this week and am LOVING that....

Just checking Becky on how your hand is healing ? Hope you r managing ok ?

Becky, I am so glad to hear that you are healing and Still have your wonderful positivity in place.

Yep time to update us on your progress Becky as you are very important too xx

Thank you for checking on me. I'm doing very well. Overdid it a little bit, but have backed off and it feels better every day--and by that I mean much less numbness. I'm amazed at how much pain all the way up my arm was apparently caused by the same nerve in my hand! I should have done this years ago.

I am chaffing a bit at the things Ishould be doing that must wait until the incision (very small) heels, but hey, it does serve as a reminder that we are human too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back