Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
NY
City
Queensbury
I am having a problem. Im doing okay emotionally, I still have my moments but I'm handling things okay. My problem is this, I'm having trouble eating and drinking enough, I feel nauseated whenever I eat or drink or if its a hot meal I usually feel nauseated when I smell it. Sometimes I can handle the nausea and other times its severe. I am convinced its just my nerves although I do have a check up with my gastro in a few weeks. I've lost 25 lbs this summer...I'm not complaining about that because I really really need to lose weight, what I'm worried about is becoming ill and weak and not being able to take care of my mom well.

Any ideas? I've tried ensure and such but thats hard to keep down....I usually manage a bowl of cereal and a couple pieces of bread a day and a few glasses of water which I know is super unhealthy.

Protein shake w/ eggs/ice cream/wheat germ in place of some of the water? It's not about forcing yourself to eat, but making the most of what you do, and I'd imagine your appetite will return accordingly, assuming no actual GI disease. Some cold and/or less aromatic foods include egg salad, pasta with butter, mashed potatoes, rice, green salads w/ sweet dressings, bananas and other produce.

Best,
Laurie

No wheat germ for me, I'm a celiac and I won't eat raw eggs.... But I could maybe tried a protein shake with added peanut butter
See NOTHING sounds even remotely good. My father in law is here and normally I have a hard time when he comes because he buys junk food that I love and can't keep myself from, they are munching on Doritos right now which I am addicted to so I refuse to buy, I think about taking a bite and my stomach turns.

In the case of Doritos, moving on is a good thing!
Try a nice cold shake, just a sip at a time if you have to.

My husband just made some chicken and yucca...I've managed to get a bit down, so far so good....

Maybe try having lots of little snacks available?

Nuts are great as they are high sustained energy, even any of those 'health bars' though check the ingredients.

Snack fruits like grapes or strawberries or dried fruits.

I'm thinking if you just ate a small handful at a time, enough to put something in but not like forcing yourself to eat, and no cooking smells it may help.

You could also try some yoghurt or a probiotic to help turn your digestion around.

If it persists, though please do see a doctor in case it needs attention!

Jenny,

I had some problems at first. I made shakes with chocolate protein drinks, powdered peanut putter called p2b(very good) and strawberries. It tastes wonderful and I could take my time eating it. Still low calories but lots of protein.

Its weird because had no problem with eating in the first month or so, after I started losing weight I figured it was from all of the extra activity and then gradually I just stopped eating....I managed cereal, an apple and a handful of Doritos today.

Jenny the idea of a smoothie is a good one. I wish I had more to share, for me unfortunately stress makes me eat. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Hugs,
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back