Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
WV
City
Southern
Mom has lived way longer than she should have. Palliative care mentioned cachexia yesterday. Too much fluid and she basically drowns, too little and she basically starves. Trying a higher calorie feed. For my comfort more than it will benefit her.

I am so sorry Gil. I know how hard this is for you. My thoughts are with you.

My heart is breaking for you. Sending positives vibes your way Gil.

All I can do is offer you a sister hug Gil.
Can they concentrate on simply giving palliative care now and let her go?

I'm so sorry, the prolonged dragging of this disease on your mum has been so awful :(

Big hugs, Gil. Continueing agony with no hope is torture--for everyone.

Gil u made all of this easier for her. Sorry it has gone this way.

Take care of yourself,

Pat

Just so sorry for what you're dealing with.

Hugs
Joan

She has the strongest will to live of any person I have ever heard of. She survived polio as a child. We are fairly certain she had pneumonia twice in the last few months, and has recovered despite no treatment.

All I can do is offer you a sister hug Gil.
Can they concentrate on simply giving palliative care now and let her go?

I'm so sorry, the prolonged dragging of this disease on your mum has been so awful :(

We have only been giving comfort measures since spring. Tylenol for fever and we reduce fluids for chest congestion. NO antibiotics. She keeps overcoming illnesses on her own. The wasting is just so hard to see...

You are so right that a strong will to live can produce almost unbelievable results Gil.

You just keep giving even when this has had such a profound draining effect on you - that is love. Not the pretty, movie-style love, but real love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back