Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Poquoson
People often ask how my wife, Darcey is doing... and I'll typically answer "She's holding her own pretty well!" I honestly don't mean to be "put offish" with that answer... its just difficult to describe where she's at in her ALS journey or how exactly we work together each day to "keep life good".
This video pulls back the curtain on another person with ALS - Kevin Gosnell. Change Kevin to a beautiful woman named Darcey and the rest of the story is the same. Although I provide the majority of care for Darcey (for like Kevin, Darcey's arms and legs no longer work), we are fortunate enough to have some very special friends who cared enough to learn everything that I do and who could fill in for me (and have) on a moment's notice. And we have two outstanding children who step up to lend a much needed hand... often and when we least expect it.
Though ALS is all about dying (as there is currently no cure)... going through this has been a very real lesson in living. So sit down (you really do want to be sitting) and learn a little bit more about what life with ALS is like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_L0A4ABqs4&app=desktop

Jim, I'm struggling, but I think I will share this also. What a beautifully done piece. wow.

A beautiful video Jim...really gets to the heart of life with ALS.

Thanks Jim. This was a hard watch and the music is so telling of our struggles. I have listened to all of these songs over and over the past year.

I am amazed that there are so many people who don't understand the truth of ALS and when you have to say it's hit your loved ones...they have no words other than I am Sorry.

I will also share this. I have a team of family, co-workers and friends that are doing the ALS walk in September. So far we have 40 team members. This video will help everyone to understand it takes every drop to battle ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back