Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
ct
City
stratford
I've notice the past two weeks that my husband has a gurgling sound when he's laying in bed but the bed is up almost in a sitting position. He said it's coming from the back of his throat which relieved me because I thought it was coming from his chest. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yup, I make the same noises standing, sitting or lying down. I make crackling and squeaking noises as well. It is totally involuntary.

Hi Mark, thanks for your response. Do you know if it's coming from your throat? Jay says it's in his throat. Do you have difficulty swallowing?

Hi Mark, thanks for your response. Do you know if it's coming from your throat? Jay says it's in his throat. Do you have difficulty swallowing?

It is definitely in my upper throat, my swallowing is becoming much more of a challenge. It feels like my throat is stiff, sometimes when I take a big drink it hurts like a cramp or stretching of my throat.

I choke on saliva, food and liquids numerous times a day.

Neudexta can help with the emotional stuff and supposedly assist with other bulbar issues.

Jay takes Neudexta and has been for quite some time. The pharmacy didnt refill it and said insurance didn't cover it but that wasn't true. They just needed a new prescription. Anyway he didn't have it for about one week and I noticed a difference with his speech. I was so upset thinking i would never hear his voice again but once he started taking it again his voice went back to the way it was before he stopped taking it. His speech is not what it used to be but I was so thankful to hear his voice again and be able to understand him so I believe it does work for him. However with insurance its over $300 a month which is a lot for us.

Ouch.

Has he done the voice banking?

It's tedious but worth it. I have my voice loaded on my Tobii and it does sound like me.
A robot me, but still me. :^)

I have been on Neudexta since a few months after my diagnosis. It seemed to work initially, but now my EL is as bad as it has ever been. This phenomenon would lean one to the conclusion of increased resistance over time, as is the case with chemicals in general.

I site my study with the analogy of alcohol, you start off getting drunk with a few shots of whiskey. Then a few years down the road it takes a bottle to get you in the same level of comfort.......I wouldn't know, just sayin!
Dr. Mark OBGYN:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back