Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
ct
City
stratford
So last night at dinner Jay's nurse calls to tell us that his insurance is taking away one hour of home care per day. The huge problem with this is that I work in the office four hours a day and then four hours from home. So now that they're taking away one hour I can only leave for three hours in the morning. No clue what my job is going to say. I'm sick over this.

That stinks! So frustrating! I dread when my PALS needs full time care and trying to juggle my job too. I hope your office is ok with it or you can get the insurance to change their mind? Good luck!

Praying - it's aweful when the do that. That is the hammer I keep waiting for with DH's insurance.

Hugs

Sue

What is their justification for reducing hours?

Humana is cutting home health hours, also.

Insurance said they need to cut back and that he's stable. Stable? He can't move, feed himself, go to the bathroom and now he's been choking on his own saliva. This is crazy. I'm so overwhelmed I can't get a thing done. The exhaustion itself from taking care of him and working and the house, etc. And now this. I pray this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Insurance said they need to cut back and that he's stable. Stable? He can't move, feed himself, go to the bathroom and now he's been choking on his own saliva. This is crazy. I'm so overwhelmed I can't get a thing done. The exhaustion itself from taking care of him and working and the house, etc. And now this. I pray this doesn't happen to anyone else.

You need to get his doctors involved and devote a few hours a day for a while calling insurances and coordinating with his doctors. We went through this with a few issues mom had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back