Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
ct
City
stratford
Hi, I wasn't sure what to title this. My husband was very quiet today and seems off. Our dog has been acting strange. He won't leave Jay's side. Normally he's my dog and won't leave my side. Cries outside the bathroom door for me and follows every step I take. As I was getting Jay ready for bed Dallas was in the middle of us and started howling at me. Then as I was crushing Jay's pills I look over and Dallas had his head resting on Jay. Jay has been on the couch for a few nights because I've been pretty sick and Dallas sleeps with me. Next to me with his head on my shoulder. He gives me so much comfort but tonight he saw me get in bed and went to lay with Jay. A few minutes ago Jay called for me because Dallas took Jay's brace off his hand. He is just being so strange he wasn't trying to play at all. I'm thinking maybe something else is going on with Jay and he senses it. Jay has had bad days before and Dallas has never acted like this. Dallas just stares at Jay. My son just walked in the door and normally my vicious pitbull either doesn't move or gets scared but tonight he barked and stood over Jay. I know they say dogs can sense things. I've always thought my little boy was a dumb dumb but now I'm not so sure. And I'm hoping that nothing else is going on. I need to get well first. Can't take care of him if I'm sick. I'm on inhalers and antibiotics but I'm still running a low grade fever for 7 days now.

Very strange, interesting, fascinating even. I hope nothing is getting worse. Be sure to keep us posted.

I will. Thanks Mike!

Our cat largely ignored Larry until his last few days. I would not rule anything out. I hope you recover soon.

Best,
Laurie

Animals are very intuitive. I think he senses the "change" and is being protective.

Our dog Patch has also been acting weird and following Steve around much more. when my mother was dying Patch knew it and acted strangely. They are very intuitive to change.

Dogs (and cats) can be incredibly perceptive. I know so many incredible stories about dogs and ill people it is hair raising.

That doesn't mean I know what your dog is perceiving, but it isn't just coincidence that there is such a big behaviour change. Please do keep us updated xxx

When I am feeling bad and down and out (which is a lot of the time), Harlee won't leave my side and is very defensive towards others if they approach me.

I know it sounds weird, but she seems to know when I am having a bad day. She is my dog, and I am her human!!! I hope I pass before she does.......I don't think I could take it if she goes first.

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 102
perhaps the dog is just watching out for Jay because you are sick and he knows that Jay needs your help. They are such amazing animals. My dog was so attached to my husband and was always there for him to make him smile or just give him love. Daisy definitely grieved for him after he died.

Our furry babies understand so much better than humans what's going on with us.

The good thing is that we don't even have to explain it, they just know.

They know when a wet nose or jubie lips and lick is needed. Without asking.

It's the kind of human I would like to be. You know what I mean.

As the saying goes, One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Ed

How are things going Jayswife?

Hi Tillie, Thanks for asking! Jay's been pretty stable and my dog's behavior is back to normal. I'm thinking it was because his sister was at our house for two weeks and didn't like our dog. To the point where she was complaining if he even looked at her. It was ridiculous. She was threatening to go upstairs if Dallas kept looking at her. I think he sensed her bad vibes and wanted to protect in a way. Even though he showed no action of protecting, I think it was his way. He didn't both her at all. He's still young and playful and loves everyone that comes over but he didn't really go near her. Thankfully she is gone.

Dogs can sense people that don't like them. I look to my dog for cues when people come over. It's just me and my dog, for now, so we have to trust each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back