Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
Mn
City
White Bear
I am very recently worried about my husbands forgetfulness. As an example this morning we were up at 6am. We had coffee and chatted for a couple hours. He said he was tired and went to lay down. When he awoke he asked me why I had not woken him up when I got up. I reminded him that he had indeed been up. He immediately bdid not remember. I then reminded him we had coffee together and what we had chatted about. He looked so confused....a few minutes later he said that he now remembered. He told me that the whole incident had scared him. It scared me too. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Tamara

My PALS seems more forgetful than normal for sure. He also gets confused about things.

I had a busy day yesterday, so I took a nap. My wife woke me up in time for the Walk for ALS meeting. I got an e-mail from the director of the walk. I was surprised to find I was scheduled to speak at the walk. Talking to my wife this evening i was informed I agreed to speak. Apperantly I'm fairly agreeable when still waking up.
Vincent

hi Tamara, would you mind putting the diagnosis date in your profile using the User CP link? I hate to say I would forget when anyone was diagnosed without this great little bit of information beside each post ;)

Studies show that 50% of PALS experience some cognition issues. I suspect they will find it is higher than that. For many PALS this is 'small' things like, forgetfulness, difficulty following something complex, or difficulty weighing things up to make decisions.

So it could be a cognitive thing. Has he had any change or increase of any medications lately, as it could also be related to other things.

Steve has memory issues at times. It seems to be worse when he is tired.

Confusion after a nap suggests possible respiratory compromise. Has his lung function/breathing been assessed? Drugs, nutrition, hydration are all worth looking at, too.

Best,
Laurie

Good point about thinking of CO2 if confusion or forgetfulness is most obvious on waking!

I also find that my husband has memory problems which is new for him. It mostly seems to be with recent memory because he still has a good recall of things that happened a long time ago. He also has some difficulty finding the right word at times when he is talking.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back