Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
NY
City
Queensbury
I am angry right now, any noise is pissing me off, I'm snapping at everyone and I know I'm being unreasonable but I can't seem to stop snapping which means only one thing....a big, nasty , snot dripping ugly cry is creeping up on me and I so don't feel like going there right now....my daughter has a friend over, I so can't do this now but it's coming.

Take your phone into the bathroom.

Put some really upbeat music on.

Get some good massage oil and rub over your whole body.

Get into a hot shower, don't use soap just let the water go over you.

The oil will help ground your body, and the cry of course is what you need, and once you've had a cry and scrubbed your face you won't look as crap as when you just have a cry...

I agree with Tillie. You need to let it out Jenny and cry. I don't know if you'll able to leave the house for a few minutes either. But, if you can going for a brisk walk in the fresh air would also do you good. Is there anything that is bothering you more today then other days? Or, is it just the usual horrible stuff associated with this monster? Are you on any type of antidepressants? A occasional cry is necessary when dealing with all this but if it gets too frequent please alert your doctor. You eating and sleeping ok?

I'm out in my secret garden as I call it...I'm crying but it's not the huge cry that. I need in order to release all of these emotions if that makes any sense, it's just a trickle....nothing is bothering me more, it's just that my mom refuses to tell my daughter si can't just let it out when I need to, I have to hold it in and then it builds up to where I am now.

I am on antidepressants, I'm eating okay, sleep...well that's a different ballgame, I have something called REM behavior disorder which gets worse with stress so sleep has been sucking.

I was taking so many hot baths to deal with my feelings that I decided to start making home made soaps. I even made some with Koalas. You have to find an outlet and the antidepressants should kick in soon. I am still having sleep issues but only because I don't take a sleeping pill and go to bed. I like the quiet after Steve has gone to bed. Anger is natural and it will come and go just like the tears. I am not sure what anti-depressant you are on but in a few weeks it should make a difference.

Now I'm not wanting to hijack this but my mind is boggling here ...

@scared - how the hell do you make soap from a koala? How did you even get hold of a koala to boil down? :twisted:

Oh Tillie... I am so sorry to stress you out. I did not word that post correctly. I made soap embedded with plastic Koalas. I am posting pics later of my soap and am going to send them to those interested. You did make me laugh.

I was taking so many hot baths to deal with my feelings that I decided to start making home made soaps. I even made some with Koalas. You have to find an outlet and the antidepressants should kick in soon. I am still having sleep issues but only because I don't take a sleeping pill and go to bed. I like the quiet after Steve has gone to bed. Anger is natural and it will come and go just like the tears. I am not sure what anti-depressant you are on but in a few weeks it should make a difference.

Oh my anti depressants have kicked in. I have Major Depressive Disorder so I need them for life and have been on them for years. Honestly I don't think I'm going into a depression, I think life is just kicking my in my girl parts and I think my reaction is pretty normal for the most part but I do have med checks every three months in case I need to adjust anything.

Oh Tillie... I am so sorry to stress you out. I did not word that post correctly. I made soap embedded with plastic Koalas. I am posting pics later of my soap and am going to send them to those interested. You did make me laugh.

Bwahahahahahahaa, I needed that belly laugh! I will never again look at Koalas the same!

Bwahahahahahahaa, I needed that belly laugh! I will never again look at Koalas the same!

I will never look at soap the same again!

At least in the midst of all your despair we could give you a belly laugh. You will find this here - we go from one thread, or even one post in a thread where we can bare our darkest issues, and then we can also laugh the hardest with each other and remember that we are human, and we are in it together.

Would love some photos of the soaps. I'm still a bit boggled about a plastic koala being in there, after my relief you weren't boiling our wildlife down in a big pot ... :lol:

New to this. Diagnosed 1 yr. bulbar onset. VERY ugly crying. You are snot alone!

Jenny I love the ugly cry.

Why? Because once it's done, and you get over the worst headache ever, the bloody sore eyes and the taste of runny boogie in your mouth...it's over.

NOT time to move on, but a time ready to adjust to the future.

There will be more ugly cries, but the first is the worst.

Getting it out of your system is the best thing you can do right now.

Put a sad(ish) movie on, 'pretend' a little if you like...

Jenny how old is your daughter? Mine was 12, just ready to turn 13 when her father was dx. We told her the name but left it at that. She was fine. Personally I think you should be honest with her. I understand you want to follow your mom's wishes, but she is your child and you can't go around trying to bury your feelings, it isn't good for you. I agree about a good cry in the shower, I've done that so many times I lost count. You will feel better afterwards. (((hugs)))

i'd love to see the soap too.

sue

Got a big laugh out of the koala soap! As soon as I read it I thought "what will Tillie think?" You both brightened my day. Thanks.

Sharon

I thought the same thing about the koala soap and poor Tillie having nightmares :) That was cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back