Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
NY
City
Queensbury
I've finally stopped crying, on the outside anyway...inside I still feel utterly lost and devastated , I will start to cry and feel like I need to sob but the tears won't come...I don't really understand it, does anyone else experience this? I'm so sad that crying would be a release and I could get it out and then put on my big girl panties and get back to business but the tears just stop

It happens very differently to each of us. I didn't cry at all for a couple months, and then just broke out in tears at work.

Jenny - even this far out, I will have times where I cry at the drop of a hat and others when I could not cry even when I wanted to. Our bodies are a mystery, but you are normal. (((hugs)))

Sue

I've had the same both when a CALS and since.

Usually at a time when I least want to cry - like in the middle of grocery shopping, I would see someone I know and they would say something stupid and I would be in tears. I would get home feeling so miserable and then no tears would come.

There isn't anything wrong with you, your poor body just can't quite cope with the huge depth of emotion this disease rips its way through.

Well the tears came today, it seems like I get really really pissy and start snapping at everyone and then all of a sudden I will start crying...

Just out of curiosity is there anywhere in the forums that people just talk about other things in their lives that are going on? Their comings and goings etc....seems like we are all a part of a family here and yes our main focus on this forum is ALS but I would love to get to know who you all are besides as a CALS. I saw the message boards for Tea Party and such but it seems like no one really interacts on there much.

The pub just opened again recently, find that thread, pop in, have a drink (we serve anything alcoholic or not) and have a chat!

The come for tea was really active at one point, but then the beauty of this place is that anyone can start a thread if you want to talk about anything :)

In stories of hope you can see photos of my koalas, and Steve's adventures camping.

Mostly yeah, we talk about our trials with ALS, but there are lots of places you can start threads about anything unrelated in the lower sections :)

Jenny, do stop in at the pub.

I haven't been around much lately., but I love both the ALS discussions AND the socializing that goes on around here.

As for the emotions--as you have found, the just keep on coming.

In our house we cope with humor and blunt honesty. Frankly, I'm terrified of allowing the pain through. Sometimes I fear slowing down enough to recognize the horror of what this is doing to my sweetheart.

Becky

As time went on I became very good at being 'task focused'. After all, there are so very many tasks we perform as a CALS!

Sometimes however I would be doing some 'task' with Chris and suddenly the reality of how wasted he was, or how weak some part of him was, or something of that nature would just rear up and SLAM me in the face. It was like that bucket of ice being dumped over my head every time. I would literally gasp, and have to fight so hard to hold control enough to complete the 'task' I was doing, rather than just fall to the floor in a heap and weep uncontrollably.

Don't get me wrong, I did cry, I did feel a lot of things, but like Becky said, it was almost terrifying to let it all come flooding through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back